𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲

Warning: contains pseudo-incest

He held her close and could smell her hair. They didn't have scented shampoo but it was familiar and nice and he wanted to smell it all night long. She looked up at him with a smile on her face. Well, it was more like a mischievous grin. They could hear Klaus and Ben yelling at each other playfully and a soft crash but they thought nothing of it. "You smelling my hair, you perv?" she asked. He looked down at her, and grinned back.

"You know it, V." She giggled and pushed herself up a little, pressing her lips to his. Diego was taken by surprise but kissed her back. It was moments like this, stolen kisses and snuggling late at night as they listened to the rest of the house go on as they normally would. They could hear their mom's heels step quietly, going to check on Klaus and Ben. Vanya broke away and hid her face in his chest. If they were going to get caught, she didn't want to get caught kissing him.

It wasn't that she was ashamed, she just thought that everyone would think it was weird. And they would get the treatment Allison and Luther do. She now understood them and she tried to discourage the rest of them but they didn't listen to her. "Relax, V, Mom wont come in."

"How do you know?" He felt her mouth move against his chest.

"I asked her not to. Told her I needed time to myself."

"What about me? She could go in my room and—"

"I turned the bathroom light on and locked the door. I'll get in later and turn it off."

"But—"

"Shh, she'll hear you."

He felt Vanya nod and move around, pressing her back against him. She sighed, content. They didn't get to do this a lot, but when they did, they relished in the small moments, readying themselves for the harsh ones of the next day. He went back to smelling her hair, breathing her in. Diego pulled her closer, wanting to feel more of her. She didn't mind, she actually liked the proximity, the intimacy. Knowing he couldn't see her face, she smiled softly. Diego was a very angry person, but he was so much more. Especially to her. It made her feel special. She didn't need a power to be important.

"Diego?" she asked.

"Yes, V?"

"Promise me something."

"Okay," he said, not even thinking about it. Usually he would be wary, he might even flat out say no, but for her, well there wasn't really anything he wouldn't do for her.

"Don't leave me." He furrowed his eyebrows. What had brought this on? Then he remembered the date. It was the two year anniversary of Five leaving. Her best friend. This made him feel guilty; why hadn't he remembered?

"I wouldn't dream of it, Vanya," he whispered. She mumbled something unintelligibly, already drifting off to sleep. He smiled, a rare occasion, and let her even breathing lull him into a dreamless rest. It was infinitely better than the nightmares he usually had. Unless she was there. She somehow was able to keep them at bay and he would forever be grateful. He didn't have a lot of reasons to be happy, but most of them was because of the small girl in his arms and he didn't know how to express it. He just hoped he would be able to show her just how happy she makes him.

Authors Note:
they make me soft, okay? i love them
so much. i just wanted to do something cute because there isn't a lot of fluff out there for them.

anyway, how'd i do?