𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗠𝗲 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲

Song: Runaway by Aurora

Her voice echoed throughout the halls, creating an eerie, chilling vibe. Allison heard it first, and she didn't really pay attention because she thought it was just someone playing music, but then it started to catch her interest. She got up off the chair at her vanity and followed the sound all the way to Vanya's room. Thats strange, she whispered. She had never heard her sister sing before, and it was almost angelic, much better than her violin playing, which Allison had no taste for.

And I was running far away

Would I run off the world someday?

Nobody knows, nobody knows

And I was dancing in the rain

I felt alive and I can't complain

The more she heard, the more intrigued she became. Next came Diego, and then Klaus pulling along Ben. They all stood outside the creak in the door, silent and astonished. Luther soon came out, about to tell whoever was singing to shut the hell up so he could focus on his studies (Such a daddy's boy, Vanya would say.) but Allison and Diego stopped him.

I was painting a picture

The picture was a painting of you

And for a moment I thought you were there

But then again, it wasn't true, down

And all this time I have been lying

Oh, lying in secret to myself

I've been putting sorrow on the farthest place on my shelf

La-di-da

Vanya put more emotion into the song, staring out the window, completely oblivious to her audience. Runaway was such a special song to her, she had wanted adventure but she had never felt home. She cried the first time she heard it. And the second time. And the fifth time. And she was on the brink of tears as she sang it now. She was pouring her fucking heart out and no one would ever hear or feel her pain. Except that the rest of the Hargreeves are standing outside her room, one small noise away from being caught. And they saw that Vanya was obviously going through something but none of them could quite put their finger on it.

They were always way too absorbed in their own issues that they never saw anyone else. Vanya did that too sometimes. But most of the time she had no choice but to look out for others.

But now take me home

Take me home where I belong

I got no other place to go

Now take me home

Take me home where I belong

I got no other place to go

Now take me home

Take me home where I belong

I can't take it anymore

Her voice took over them one by one, but neither of them knew why. Each of them started to resonate with the song in their own ways, but they somehow knew that it was only because of Vanya. If they had heard it by anyone else it wouldn't do it for them, but she sang with such emotion and conviction.

It was like they were being compelled to stay, to listen.

But I kept running for a soft place to fall

And I kept running for a soft place to fall

And I was running far away

Would I run off the world someday?

Even though it ended in such a sad note, Vanya didn't cry, no one did. It was as if they all had some type of closure. But now that it was over, so was the compulsion and they all came to their senses. We need to get out of here, Diego said. Now. They all ran to their rooms, leaving Vanya alone. She sat down on her bed, grabbed her bottle of pills, and took two of them. She hadn't had any of them all day, even though she was supposed to take some in the morning.

No one spoke about what happened that day, but all of the Hargreeves, one through seven yearned to do it again. It was so comforting and crazy how easy they got sucked in.

That day, one through six learned something new, whatever happened back then was much more than ordinary.

Maybe Vanya, little number seven, was special after all.

Authors Note: i love vanya and this song so it just . . . fits. i really hope you like this and this is what you wanted. (This was requested by Jess10 on ao3)

follow me on instagram, where i post edits, and soundcloud, where i post audios @/priorskru

1 down, 4 more to go :)