𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘂𝘀𝘁

Luther is on the moon and he misses Allison
Song: Moondust by Jaymes Young

I'm building this house, on the moon
Like a lost, astronaut
Lookin' at you, like a star
From a place, the world forgot
And there's nothing, that I can do
Except bury my love for you

Luther was sent to moon on a mission. One he took very seriously. If his father needed him and him only it must be important. He settled down to make this his home for an indefinite amount of time. But as time went on and he went through the same routine everyday, he started to feel alone. He wondered what his family was doing.

Was Diego on the police force? He didn't know what the answer would be. It could go both ways. Was Klaus sober? Probably not. Was Five out there somewhere? Or at home? He doubted it. Was Ben looking out for Klaus? He knew that he was. It's just who Ben was. Unless he went into the light or whatever it was that ghosts do to find peace. Was Vanya still playing the violin? Luther couldn't imagine her without it. It was like a third arm, something that was there and stood out, because it seemed to be the only interesting thing about her. He never understood why.

Was Allison happy? Was she healthy? Did she find someone to love her? Does she love them back? How was her career? The questions just kept coming and coming and it hurt because he couldn't get the answers.

He told himself he would stop thinking about her. Stop loving her. She's happy down on Earth and he's on a mission. Happy didn't matter when it came to him.

The brightness of the sun, will give me just enough
To bury my love, in the Moondust
I long to hear your voice, but still I make the choice
To bury my love, in the moondust

Luther looked into the sun as it peeked around his home planet. It was beautiful. Extraordinary. But it was no match for the woman he loved.

He had to stop it. He had to bury his feelings and focus. This was important.

Nothing can breath, in the space
Colder than, the darkest sea
I have dreams about the days, driving through your sunset breeze
But the first thing, that I will do
Is bury my love for you

Luther woke up from a nightmare and felt like he couldn't breath. To others it would have been a dream. One of the sweetest. But to him it was a nightmare because he couldn't grab it and hold onto it. He couldn't have it. And it scared him.

He can't keep loving her. It was too much to bear.

The brightness of the sun, will give me just enough
To bury my love, in the Moondust
I long to hear your voice, but still I make the choice
To bury my love, in the moondust

Luther wishes he could hear her say something. Anything. It didn't matter what, as long as it was her voice. He just needed to hear her. He knew that he couldn't touch her, not right now. Maybe not ever. But he just wanted to hear her voice once more. It seemed like time up here was infinite. He would have to ask Pogo if he could arrange a call between them.

He shook his head. He can't keep going on like this.

I'm a cast away, and men reap what they sow
And I say what I know, to be true
Yeah I'm living far away, on the face of the moon
I've buried my love to give the world to you

Luther felt as if he were in a prison, or lost at sea. A cast away. Unwanted. But needed. He packed up the samples of the moon and got them ready to send to earth. How he wished that was him instead of a bunch of rocks.

But no, he has long since forgotten his old ways. He didn't love her like that anymore. He was doing this for the Earth, for the people, but most importantly for her. Because she was important. But he knew he couldn't love her. Not the way he wanted to.

He had to make sure it was safe just for her. So she could be happy.

The brightness of the sun, will give me just enough
To bury my love, in the Moondust
I long to hear your voice, but still I make the choice
To bury my love, in the moondust

No, Luther didn't love Allison.

Yes, that was the truth.

He got it into himself that he had to make this choice. For the world. For his world. He buried his love for her like he buried everything else he felt.

He thought he succeeded, but then he saw her again at their father's funeral and it all came rushing back. It was hopeless and a part of him didn't care because all he wanted was to let her know that he loved her. Because nothing, not even a life or death mission could keep him from loving her. His world.

Authors Note:
i always thought this song fit them so well and i also want to edit them with this song. so here this is haha. i hope you enjoy it as much i did writing it. i am a sucker for angst so that's why Luther is hurting himself so much. poor baby just needs a break!

i don't know if i ship them because he didn't listen allison when she tried to get vanya out of the vault thing, but i guess he thought he was doing what was best for her and all of them even though that's not what they wanted.

i keep going back and forth but i read this really cute fic by @/honeyhoneybee on archive of our own and i kinda like luther now? i don't know but i do know that i'm gonna try to see it from his pov. anyway that's enough from me haha