Chapter 2 | The Mafia

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I carried the girl in my arms, throwing her into my bed as soon as I got back to my palatial estate, my men following me. No one in the room, dared to utter a single word as I sent them out of the room with a strict order not to disturb us.

It was me who'd gone there myself to get her, it was me who'd rendered her unconscious because I didn't want to risk losing out on the bargain I had made with the girl's brother.

I never went to hunt down my targets myself but this time, I didn't want to entrust this task to any of my men.

It wasn't that I didn't trust them. My men were the most capable in the mafia world but Dohwan was a cunning man and after having heard about his sister, I was afraid that Y/N would be just as shrewd, trying to do anything to escape, even if that meant using her pretty face to seduce and distract my men to escape safely.

Sure, I could have still caught and brought her back had she tried to pull any such stunt, but that would still be a bother and I just wanted to get done with this as soon and as discreetly as possible.

Dohwan worked for my biggest rival and if he would have asked his master for help before I'd secured my hold on Y/N, things would still have gone my way but it wouldn't have been this smooth.

But what I hadn't expected was for Y/N to be just an innocent and clueless girl who'd been dragged into this shithole because of her stepbrother's wrongdoings.

The way she kept on crying and sobbing, without even trying to escape just told me exactly how distressed she was with the whole situation.

Not just had her own stepbrother basically sold her off, she was also being taken away by some really dangerous people—a mafia lord whose name alone was feared more than any of the governments.

She was paying for the sins she'd never committed and for a second, when I'd seen her tear streamed face and trembling body, I'd actually contemplated letting her go.

I'd actually genuinely fucking considered to just set her free because no matter how cruel people made me to be, I wasn't really a ruthless murderer.

I thought myself to be extremely fair-minded and punishing innocents just wasn't my thing. Nor did I go around taking revenge from my targets' families but when one of my men showed her photo to me, telling that she was the only living family of Dohwan, and that he was willing to exchange her in return of his freedom, that was when I had gotten selfish.

That was when I decided to get families involved in business...for the first time, because I couldn't help but be selfish when I looked at that dangerously seductive face, eyes that lit up like beautiful golden stars on a dark moonless night and a rosebud mouth that promised so many pleasures.

Little did I know that this woman who had the face of a femme fatale, was just an innocent little fawn with absolutely no clue about how precious it was.

Smirking, I looked at her as she breathed peacefully, her chest rising and falling with every calming breath that she took.

She was indeed very, very beautiful. More than any other woman I'd ever seen.

Of course, living in this dirty, dangerous world of crime, money, women and sex, I'd gotten so used to seeing fake, made up women that the natural, unfiltered beauty of Y/N felt like a breath of fresh air.

And now, I didn't want to let go of that liberation.

It felt like my own personal safe haven in the midst of this dark chaos. How amazing would it be to be faithful to one woman and live with the knowledge that no matter what happened, I'd always have someone waiting for me back home?

Waiting to take me in her embrace and waiting to love me endlessly?

That happening soon was unlikely because I knew the moment Y/N woke up, she was going to hate me with all her might. Loving me was going to be the last thing on her mind and the moment she found out that I'd kidnapped and brought her here solely for my own selfish desires, she was only going to detest me more.

The only thing I could do was to just let her settle in, give her time so that eventually she got over her hatred for me and started to just bear me.

I wasn't unaware of the love I needed in my life, I wasn't one of those insensitive jerks who thought they didn't need love.

Years of sleeping around and indulging in promiscuous behaviour had made me reach one conclusion. If I didn't have someone to love and someone to love me back, I'd go insane.

But that was a hopeless dream.

I just hoped that Y/N would eventually give in and start seeing me even as an acquaintance or a friend. I thought I'd be happy with that.

I thought so, but then all of my mental debate came to an immediate end.

I saw Y/N shift in my bed, muffled moans escaping her lips and all of my resolve to just let her settle down and get used to living here went down the drain because all I could think was to just—

"Fuck," I muttered, running a hand through my hair. Throwing one last glance at her sleepy figure, I cursed under my breath and stormed out of the room.