Chapter 17 | The Surprise

Y/N'S POV

"Where are you taking me, Jungkook? You're making me anxious." I whined, latching my fingers onto his hands covering my eyes, the lack of a band around his ring finger bothering me deeply.

For the past few days I'd been seriously thinking about formalising my marriage with Jungkook but I couldn't figure out how to bring it up.

I didn't know if I was entitled to ask for a proper wedding ceremony but whenever we were together, I couldn't help but be reminded of the circumstances our marriage had taken place in.

And now that our feelings had changed, I thought the foundations of our relationship could use some changes too. But an extravagantly formal union was the least of my worries right now.

We'd just gotten off Jungkook's chartered plane but I hadn't any idea of where we were.
And now, the moment we had stepped onto the airstrip, he blindfolded me and was currently leading me towards god knows where, closely walking behind me, one strong hand positioned on my shoulder and the other around my waist.

"Just keep walking, babygirl. You'll get the answers to all your questions soon. So be good." Jungkook whispered against my ear, a strong gust of wind whipping my hair out of my face and sending shivers down my body.

I could hear the sound of the rapidly turning rotor blades of a chopper getting louder with each step and soon enough the force of the wind was strong enough to make standing still difficult and the sound of the moving blades completely disoriented me.

If it was not for Jungkook's firm unwavering figure standing right behind me, I'd actually have to take a few steps back.

I made a mental note to thank Seong Hee for dressing me up in denim shorts instead of a skirt or a dress today although it surely would've been a sight to see Jungkook blowing his lid off trying to keep my skirt from flying around in front of his men.

"Are we about to get on the chopper?" I yelled, knowing the wind was going to distort my voice and make it harder to interpret.

As expected, Jungkook didn't answer me.

I simply felt my feet leaving the ground as Jungkook swept me up into his arms before walking towards the chopper. I let out a huff knowing that protesting or questioning him was of no good. He couldn't hear me anyway.

Once we were seated inside the helicopter, my hands itched to untie my blindfold but I stayed still not wishing to cause trouble.

Thankfully, Jungkook untied the blindfold himself as soon as the helicopter took off into the air. Unable to believe my eyes, I glanced outside, squinting to make sure that I wasn't seeing things.

We were definitely in Europe and if I wasn't wrong, this was definitely Spain...Segovia to be exact. The familiar landscape that I had seen online and then drawn more than a hundred times was impossibly hard to not recognise.

"Jungkook!" I turned around to see him sitting back comfortably in his seat, loving brown eyes hidden behind his sunglasses and a small, amused smile playing on his beautiful lips.

"This—h-how? Oh my God, really?" I rambled in utter disbelief looking at him and then at the view outside, childlike excitement bubbling up inside me. "Are we really where I think we are?" I blinked at him hopefully, my voice sounding breathy and foreign to my own ears.

"What do you think?" Jungkook smirked a little causing me to immediately break into a fit of excited squeals as I threw myself into his arms, pressing a hard kiss onto his lips.

"Don't!" I pulled back immediately, slamming a hand onto his lips as Jungkook moved swiftly, grabbing my arm to try and claim my lips once again. "Not in here. You'll disturb the pilot."