Chapter 16 | The Confession

JUNGKOOK'S POV

It wasn't fair.

It wasn't fvcking fair how Y/N took my breath away every day as I returned home and set my eyes on her.

It was even more unfair that she could just sit there, wearing so little and  looking like the death of me when I could only think of standing there and gaping at her perfection, no scratch that, I couldn't think at all.

There was a wild mix of emotions brewing inside me. Satisfaction that I'd finally managed to do something for Y/N, something that she desperately wanted and something that she would approve of me for. Joy that I was finally...truly back home, with the source of all my comfort and inexplicable warmth less than a room's length away from me.

And desire; a hot, wrenching and unreasonable desire to pin her to the very couch she was seated on and have my wicked wicked way with her.

Calm down, Jeon.

I took a deep breath, loosening my tie and handing my suit jacket to one of the men before marching into the living room, making my presence known.

It was hard not to behave like an animal in heat when a single look from Y/N made me want to succumb to my desires and give up controlling myself.

"I swear you do this intentionally, babygirl." I bent down to place a lingering kiss on her cheek, earning a soft, almost inaudible gasp from her. "Can't really say I dislike it though. You look stunning."

She seemed to have dressed up for the candlelight dinner we'd missed yesterday and I couldn't wait to sit down and get to know her better either.

As much as I'd loved taking my time exploring her physically, it was high time I got to know her on a more intrinsic level as well.

"To what do I owe this beautiful surprise?" I arched an eyebrow, licking my lips a little as my eyes rested on her lips brushed with light gloss and then slid downwards.

I gulped.

The straight neckline of her dress was alluringly deep and it was impossible to be a gentleman and keep my eyes on her face when the satin dress hugged her body like a second skin, emphasising every single curve and revealing more than it covered, kindling my interest.

Cheeks flushed, Y/N's lips twisted as if to say 'I'll speak if you stop eye fvcking me' but she spoke nothing, simply gesturing someone to bring the food to the table. "Let's eat first. I doubt you'd have eaten anything and you've still not healed fully."

"As you wish." I accepted with a small smile as she passed me the food. It was definitely nice to have someone who was worried about my meals.I looked at the variety of high-end dishes from the Korean cuisine and smirked. "These are all my favourite."

Y/N smiled. "It's a blessing that you like everything."

"Sometimes I really wonder if the good attracts good or if it's the opposite." I mused, regarding her carefully as we began cutting into the meat.

"I assume you're talking about me?" Y/N's eyes sparkled knowingly as she looked up at me.
"Well, not that I would know but right now it certainly feels like I'm attracting the bad." She answered sassily, her expressions clearly giving away the fact that she knew about all of the naughty and sinful thoughts going on in my head.

"You've got a part of the answer right." I acknowledged, smirking. "I do wish to do bad, very bad things to you right now. But that's not what I am talking about...for now."

Y/N'S POV

"What are you talking about then?" I suppressed the blush that was rising to my cheeks. Jungkook's serious tone didn't match up with the wild, lustful look in his dark molten eyes and I was having a hard time focusing.