Chapter 19

Before Frigga sent them to Midgard. She gave Thor an enchanted axe called the Stormbreaker.

"It was a gift to your father from the dwarves of Nidavellir. It can summon the Bifrost. " she had said to him, after restoring his lost eye.

Thor will use it instead of the shattered Mjölnir. Apparently, Odin knew that something like that would happen.

"My sons, I want you to take care of each other. And always remember that there will always be Thor and Loki together," she said after hugging both of her sons.

~~~~~~~~~~

When they arrived at the Avengers compound, Pepper ran to Tony, hugging him with tears in her eyes.

"Thank God, you're alive. We thought you were dead. " She said to him, her voice cracked at the end.

"Pepper, I missed you so much," he said, after kissing her.

"Never do this to me again," she warned, and then her attention went to Loki.

She went to him and to their surprise; she hugged him.

"Lady Pepper. " he greeted her, after she detached herself from the hug.

"I'm just glad that you're fine. "

Loki and she used to spend time together when he was at the tower, so she gets used to his presence.

"Oh, hey Bruce and Thor. "She said waving at them.

Tony was hugging James Rhodes, his best friend.

"Rhody! What are you doing here? " Tony said, hugging him. "Well, of course, it's glad that you're here. But..... "

"You've missed a lot of things, Tony. But I'm glad that you're alive, you like to get yourself in bad situations. "

Rhody's attention went to Loki, Thor, and Bruce. Raising his eyebrow at Tony.

"Oh, Thor, Loki, and of course you know Bruce. " Then he said. "And this Rhody. "

"You mean Loki? The invasion of New York? "

Loki flinched at that, but Tony was quick to defend his friend. "He is a good guy, and it wasn't his fault. "

There was another one who stood in the same room, an android who was made from vibranium.

Loki was eyeing him warily, and the Android was looking only at Loki, no one seemed to notice him when he entered the room.

He seems to possess some sort of magic.

And then.

He noticed another creature holding a scepter with a glowing blue stone. He realized that the stone was connected to his mind.

Lost in his memories, Loki thought that he couldn't breathe.

What? How? The mind stone. He knows that power.

He jerked back to reality when he felt Thor's hand on his shoulder, looking at him worriedly.

Also, Tony and Pepper were looking at him worriedly.

"Brother. "

"T-the S-st-tone. " he stuttered.

Idiot! Stop being afraid! And besides, Thor is here. No one can harm you.

"Brother, it won't harm you. He is called Vision. "

Vision, who was now standing in front of him, extended his hand. Vision could see what happened to Loki when he first encountered the Mad Titan.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened to you. "

Loki was still looking at him warily, and after a hesitation, he shook his hand.

··················

They didn't expect what was happening on Midgard. Apparently, Captain America has found his friend, and they were against the government which was lead by the secretary of the state ' Thaddeus E. Ross'

The other avengers didn't sign the Sokovia accords for the registration and deployment of enhanced individuals (such as The Avengers) by the collective governments of the world.

Steve, Clint, Wanda were in Wakanda. Even Natasha who signed them went against the government and took Captain's side.

Vision and Rhody were on the government side.

It seems like a civil war about to break! Tony thought.

And of course, the government now knows that they have returned and want Tony and Bruce to sign the accords. Of course, they can't force Thor as a king of another realm, and well Loki is out of the question. But they don't have time for these accords, as the threat of Thanos is approaching. They must gather everyone to face Thanos, and there was still the problem of the infinity stones.

......................

"No, Loki! I will come with you. "Thor objected to what Loki was saying to him.

Thor was thinking after he now knows his brother is safe, he can't let him leave. And without telling him where he is going!

"I told you, I need to do this alone. "Loki hissed at him, but upon seeing the hurt look on Thor's face. "Please, Thor. I will come back, I promise," he said.

"And what if something happened to you? "

"You've to trust me, nothing will happen. "

......................

The next day, after assuring Thor that nothing will happen and he will teleport to Midgard if he senses he is in danger.

Loki was sitting cross-legged on his bed, focusing on the spell to move through the branches of Yggdrasil.

He could feel the pull of the Yggdrasil, and the last thing he heard was Tony's voice.

"Uhm... Lokes, what Pizza do you want? "

But Loki didn't answer him and disappeared.