Chapter 25

"He will pay for the deaths of my wife and daughter." A growl was emitted from Drax. And Everything happened very fast.

Drax ran to Thanos to attack him. But he was sent flying to one of the cases by the woman whom Loki knows very well, Proxima Midnight, one of Thanos' children.

Loki was rooted in his place while Tony is now in his iron man armour. Blast after the blast were shooting from iron man's suit at Corvus Glaive who was dodging the blasts.

Tony fired an energy beam at Corvus Glaive but he used his sceptre to deflect the blast and turn it against Tony himself, who collided with one of the cases, shattering it and the Jötun who was in it fell over Tony.

Many Chituari were pouring after Thanos.

Proxima Midnight was fast, and strong. One of her punches sent Drax flying. Midnight swung her spear at Starlord who was trying to attack her but he dodged her. He shoots at her with his electric guns but then a Chituari comes from behind, giving him a blow from behind. Distracted by the Chituari, Midnight gained the upper hand by unleashing an energy blast from her spear that knocked Starlord onto the ground.

Three Chituari surrounded Loki who had summoned his daggers, one of them attacked him whom Loki easily sliced his throat with his dagger. He dodged another blow from a Chitauri; he fired a blast from his magic at him, which burnt its skin. He stabbed the third Chitauri with both daggers until his blood poured on the ground.

Loki was full of rage as many emotions ran through his head. He sent a blast at Glaive, who was about to stab Tony with his spear.

The Collector cannot be seen in the battle as he was hiding.

"Where did he fucking put that stone? "Rocket raccoon was searching for the stone before Thanos found him.

Someone came from behind and he turned, ready to attack. "I'm Groot. "the tree said, and there was a glowing red stone in his hand.

Gamora jumped on one of the Chituari, twisting its head, and broke its neck. Her only aim was to reach Thanos, the one who adopted her and raised her as his daughter. She hated him for everything that he has done.

Thanos was looking bored at the scene in front of him.

And suddenly Gamora attacks Thanos with her knives, but Thanos grabbed her wrist before she stabs him, lifting her from the ground.

"Is it sadness I sense in you, daughter? In my heart, I knew you still cared. But one ever knows for sure. "he said to her sadly.

"I hate you," she yelled at him and broke into tears.

"Hush, little one," he said, gently. Putting his gloved hand on her temple, sending her to the land of unconsciousness.

"There's something we need to discuss, little one." He said, putting her on the ground gently.

Ordering two of the Chituari to guard Gamora's unconscious body, Thanos walked calmly into the chaos that was happening.

"My Jötun pet. "he grinned at him when he approached Loki.

Loki froze, felt like he couldn't move. Memories came flooding into his mind.

No realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you.

Do you think you know pain? You will long for something sweet as pain.

The voice of the other was ringing in his head.

"I told you that I will break you, Jotun scum. "Thanos had said these words to him.

"Worthless. "

"Weak. "

"Pathetic. "

Thanos was watching Loki with a sadistic smile on his face.

"Give me the Tesseract, Loki. I know you have it. " Thanos said, holding his hand for Loki. "Return to obey your master. "

Tony, who was fighting with Glaive and some of the Chituari, noticed Loki standing in front of Thanos with wide eyes and was not moving as if he wasn't with them, in another place.

"Loki! "He yelled, sending a blast at Thanos. Maybe Tony shouldn't have yelled because the blast didn't hit Thanos but a purple beam emitted from Thanos gauntlet, hitting him. Tony groaned at the impact when he hit the wall.

Loki came back to reality and snarled at Thanos, who was still watching Tony with a wicked smile. "No. "Loki growled.

And then a blue gem was in Loki's hand, surrounded by a green light, Loki's seiðr, Until the bluestone was apart from his body.

Light and green color surrounded Loki's body. Wrapping his new power around Thanos' body, wounds opened in Thanos' body.

Loki's body was glowing. But a purple glow was emitted from the gauntlet.

A stone versus another stone.

Loki's body fell to the ground on one knee. His face was glistening with sweat, his nose was bleeding.

Loki's power cannot hold Thanos' power. And Thanos grabbed Loki from his neck.

Tony was watching in horror what was happening to Loki. He couldn't move, his suit wasn't helping him.

"You thought you could win against me. "Thanos said, his grip tightening on Loki's neck.

"Loki! "Tony was yelling, but Loki didn't even look at him.

"I told you, I don't like failure. "Thanos grinned.

Tony couldn't do anything to help his friend, who seems like losing his life. "No, don't kill him. "he pleaded desperately.

Thanos looked at Tony and then threw Loki like a rag-doll, a spear was thrown at Thanos who went to where Loki was lying, blood pouring from his mouth and nose. His neck was heavenly bruised.

"No more resurrections this time, my Jötun pet. "

He said before embedded the spear into Loki's body and a light green glow from Loki's body.

"No, Loki! "Tony yelled, crawling to his friend, his body aching.

Thanos was grinning at Tony while Loki's eyes were in another place.

.......................

Thor didn't stop the attack on Xandar planet. The power stone was taken by the Mad Titan, which Thor doesn't know where will be his next move. Midgard was attacked, specifically the city of Dr. Strange. Thanos sent his followers, Ebony Maw and Black Dwarf, with the Chitauri army. The time stone was taken.

The whole avengers were at Wakanda except Loki and Tony. Thor was sitting in his room that King T'challa had given him.

He was sitting on his bed, staring at the opposite wall, feeling utterly useless for not knowing where they go. He was worried about both of them.

Suddenly a green glow with a hint of blue appeared in front of him.

He stood up immediately, knowing that the green glow belongs to whom.

His brother appeared in front of him.

"Loki! "Thor went to pull his brother into an embrace. He was glad that his Loki had returned safely.

But he went through Loki's body, it was an illusion of Loki. Loki turned to him and smiled tiredly..

"Brother, why you're not here? "Thor asked, confused.

"I'm sorry, Thor. "Loki was still smiling, the same smile Thor used to see when they were young.

"Sorry for what, brother? "Thor tried to grab Loki, but his hand went through his brother's body.

But Loki didn't answer, instead, he said. "I assure you brother..... the sun will shine on us again. "And the image started to disappear, a single tear sliding down Loki's cheek until he completely disappeared from in front of Thor.

And Thor was left staring at the space that was once occupied by his brother.