Chapter 24

Knowhere was a place Tony didn't want to be in. Trash and metals were all over the planet. Tony wrinkled his nose. He doesn't know where this smell comes from and he doesn't want to know.

Loki was looking around them. He was trying to be calm, but his heart was beating loudly.

"So, who is this guy again? "Tony asked in the silence of the planet.

"The collector. "Loki grimaced. "Remember the Grandmaster? He is his brother. "

"Oh great, another member of this weird family, and we will find the reality stone with him?" Tony huffed, they didn't leave the Grandmaster's creepiness to go to his brother.

"I doubt he will give us it very easily. "Loki said. "We will steal it if he refused. "he continued.

"Great plan! "Tony said sarcastically.

They found the collector's place, which was recognizable as his brother's.

A creature with four eyes and his skin was dark yellow. It has three fingers on each of his hands standing at the door's place as if waiting for them.

"That's creepy. "Tony muttered so only Loki can hear.

The creature blinked its four eyes at them and said in a pitched voice. "My master is waiting for you, Loki of Asgard. "

"And Tony of Midgard. "Tony said.

Then the creature looked at Tony with his creepy eyes as if noticing him for the first time and gave him a nod.

And then it walked, expecting them to follow him.

They entered the Collector's palace; It was like a museum. There were many artifacts, skulls, and many other objects. And tanks those things inside them.

They walked past a massive plant with tendrils. There was a Chituari creature in a tank sitting without moving, probably dead.

Loki was looking horrified at one of the tanks, the one that contains a frost giant.

"Okay, that guy is creepier than his brother. " Tony said, looking at the eye of an alien in a tank.

"The collector likes to collect things. " Loki informed him.

Some of the tanks were empty, ready to be occupied by some other creature.

When they came to a halt it was in a circular open space. Loki was surprised to see a certain girl was standing there, looking at him with a surprised look on her face.

With her, a Midgardian, a man with greyish green skin with red patterns on it, a tree, and a raccoon.

"Finally, you entered. He didn't want to meet us until you arrived, " the raccoon said in a deadpan voice.

"Did the raccoon just talk? "Tony was looking at him curiously. Impressive, what else he can see?

"I'm Groot. "and a tree can talk.

"And who the hell are you? " Tony said.

"We are the fucking guardians of the galaxy. "The raccoon sneered at him

Loki ignored them both and was still looking at Gamora.

"Loki, you're okay. " She said, approaching him.

"Wait, Gamora. " The Midgardian man said but she ignored him.

"Thanks to you," Loki said, she was the one who saved him at first.

And suddenly she was hugging him while Peter Quill was complaining and Tony telling him that their girlfriends like Loki.

"What a great reunion! " a voice said from the shadows.

A white beard man, with thick eyebrows, looking bored, not like his brother's babbling and cheerful character. But he radiates power like his brother.

"Loki, the frost giant of Asgard. I can use another giant for my collection and you would be better. " the man who approached them said.

And then he looked at Gamora. "Gamora, a daughter of Thanos," he said, smirking.

Gamora flinched at that and Peter came to stand next to her.

"Oh you too brought company. " he continued when neither Gamora nor Loki answered him.

"Hey, grandpa !" Of course Tony couldn't keep his mouth shut and he likes to comment at odd times. The collector looked at him, with his still bored expression on his face. "Hmm, I didn't use a Midgardian before in my collection. "

Loki's hands were curled into fists.

"I assume you are aware that Thanos will come to the Aether," Loki said, his voice was smoothed out.

"And? " The Collector looked at him.

"You will give it to us, so we can stop him! " Gamora said firmly, with fury in her eyes.

"And what will I get in return? "

"Nothing. " Raccoon sneered at him.

"I'm Groot. "

"Interesting, other things for my .......... " the Collector was about to continue but.....

Suddenly an explosion can be heard outside, making the door explode.........

A woman with a golden-horned helmet, blue skin, and a golden scepter in her hand. Next to her, a man with white skin, no hair, and black eyes, was holding another golden scepter in his hand. And last, the creature that everyone dreads, with his red eyes and his purple skin. And they didn't come alone, ships with Chituaris were looming outside in the air.

Loki didn't even look like he was breathing.

"I know I will find you here, my daughter and my Jotunn pet. " Thanos laughter filled the air.