Nevermind, The Rope Bridge Isn't Any Better

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus chanted.

We crept to the cave's entrance where the rock used to be. The cyclops stood with a triumphant smile on his face. His hand was in a fist as if he was holding something but the space was empty.

He shook his hand violently and Annabeth's invisibility cap fluttered to the ground, revealing Annabeth, upside down, struggling to get out of the monsters grip. She had a really bad cut on her forehead, her eyes looked different. She had been dazed by whatever caused that cut.

"Hah!" the Cyclops said. "Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

Percy turned to Clarisse. "I'll rush him," he whispered. "Our ship is around the back of the island, Cassidy will lead you there. You and Grover-"

"No way," All three of us said at the same time. We all looked at each other, not believing we agreed on the same thing.

"We'll take him together," I said.

"Yeah," Grover and Clarisse agreed. Grover blinked, still in confusion that he and Clarisse agreed on something.

Percy hesitated. "Alright," he gave in. "Attack Plan Macedonia."

Clarisse and Grover nodded but I just stared at him in confusion.

Percy smacked his forehead. "Cas hasn't taken any battle classes."

"What? How many days was she at camp?" Grover bleated.

"A couple days?"

"What!"

"It's fine," Percy reassured, facing me he said, "You'll stick with me."

Grover and Clarisse went opposite directions and Percy and I stayed in the same place.

"Basically," Percy explained. "They'll attack from either side while we hold his attention on us."

"Is it too late to go with Grover?" I asked.

"You'll be fine," Percy said. "Remember, I'm right here."

I nodded. He stepped into Polyphemus field of view and waved his sword.

"Hey, Ugly!" He shouted.

The cyclops swiftly turned towards Percy. "Another one? Who are you?"

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you."

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool!"

Percy looked over at me, warning me to be ready to run.

Nose drool? Really? I mouthed

Shut up he mouthed back.

Percy turned to the giant again. "I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again."

The monster roared in frustration, throwing Annabeth into the air. I ran towards her as Polyphemus ran straight towards Percy.

I couldn't catch her but I did break her fall. With my own body. I heard something crack and was hoping they were my bones and not Annabeth's.

She was unconscious but still breathing. I tan a finger over the cut on her head.

"C'mon, Annabeth," I said. "Wake up."