Nathan Meets First Date pt.2

The image above is Nathan's outfit during the date.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Dad."

"I'm just saying, Nathan. How well do you even know this guy."

"Dad, I realize that this is hard for you," Nathan says putting his hands on his dad's shoulders. "but I really like Lucas."

Nathan laughs as his dad pouts, "I know more about him than you might think. So don't worry so much."

"Really," Cory questions skeptically.

"We're friends, Dad. We talk about things."

"Even friends have their secrets."

"I don't want to play mind games right now. I have to go so the girls and I can get to the subway on time."

Cory sighs, "Have a good time son."

-

"I really appreciate you guys doing this for me," Nathan tells Riley and Maya as they walk to the subway.

"You owe me Matthews."

"Maya," Riley chides. "Nathan would do the same thing for us if the roles were reversed. He doesn't owe us anything."

"Don't worry Riles. Maya I'll buy you some art stuff."

"Colored pencils or markers?"

"Yeah, those," Nathan says distracted by Lucas at the bottom of the stairs. "You look great."

"So do you," Lucas tells him. "I'm glad we get to do this now."

"Sorry I made you wait so long," Nathan says softly.

"I'd wait as long as it takes to have this moment with you," Lucas replies as the train pulls up.

-

"Do you think every date will be like this," Riley asks as they walk onto the train.

"What do you mean, Riley?"

"This is really easy, Farkle. I want every date I go on to be like this."

"It's easy because we're not really on a date," Maya tells her and then fails to notice Riley's disappointed face.

"Riley isn't that Uncle Josh?"

"Yep. Is he on a date too?"

"I don't think so," Nathan says shaking his head. "I'm pretty sure he said something about a tour earlier."

"Looks like he likes her though," Lucas adds as Maya sits down next to him.

"Sophie, Sophie," The group watches as Josh stands. "um, I thought we connected pretty well."

"Listen, Junior," the girl, Sophie, says sighing. "Age gap aside. You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't like guys."

"Maybe you just haven't met the right one yet," Josh says leaning close to her. "I'm sure I could change your mind."

Nathan frowns in sympathy when the girl slaps his uncle before getting off the train.

"Hey, Texas," Nathan whispers.

"Yeah, Nat," Lucas whispers back.

"I was really looking forward to this date."

"But you want to go and talk to your uncle don't you?"

This might be the only chance the two of them have to talk without anyone else around to hear.

"I'm really sorry."