Sacrificial Lamb - Salt Marsh Surprise (NehpetsEnal)

Sacrificial Lamb – Salt Marsh Surprise

As soon as they knew, Missy and the girls made Denver aware of the plight Jhonny and the Crew were in, which kick-started his brain. He needed a new plan; his mind was full of sin. For someone so deeply invested in the River Boat business, an achievement of which he was proud. Now he did not seem to care a damn about the Liberty Belle, saying out loud.

"The Liberty Belle may be our home, but the bottom line is, she's only timber and metal, so if needs be, she would be a small sacrifice, to save Jhonny and the Crew

"The Liberty Belle may be our home, but the bottom line is, she's only timber and metal, so if needs be, she would be a small sacrifice, to save Jhonny and the Crew."

Petra and Missy were to be left in charge of the posse and a small wagon train.

Their complaints were in vain.

Knowing what remained of it, he was confident it would provide them adequate protection, wherever they may roam.

Then set them on their slow journey, home.

At first, neither Petra of Missy was amused.

At what they saw as sexist decision-making, thinking he could do whatever he chose.

However, after a somewhat heated discussion, they came to an agreement.

Missy's priority was the welfare of the wounded and among those were Conan and Bruce, who needed her treatment

And because Petra had risked her life to save, it seemed only right.

That she should accompany him and support her mother, not take flight.

Bart nearly got Annie's rifle butt stuck up his own when suggesting.She should go with them as additional protection, what a notion.That was a mistake he would not make again in a hurry.She would no longer be taking orders from anyone.Words of dissent came from her pretty mouth in an uncustomary harsh tone.Annie had most definitely become her own woman on this journey.A frame of mind, many women would come to envy.

Missy gave her a wry smile.The first one she had in a while.Brett nearly fell from his horse as a result of his laughter.He loved to get one up, on his big brother.But in his way, it made Bart happy, on another day he might have proposed.But he just smiled on the inside, if not the outside where he fought to remain composed.

With the Wagon Train and the Posse safely on their way, Denver held a quick huddle.With the Brett, Bart, Annie, Shadow, and the Amazonians, standing in salty puddles.They were joined by some of the Riggers who had volunteered to join them.Having heard the plight of Jhonny and the crew.

Denver expected no less from his people who were proud to call each other friends.Who on their way to the Liberty Belle had shared similar fates.They were now free from a life of hell, with it being a floating hotel.Not a floating brothel.Consequently, they seemed to care more about her fate than Denver.She had become more than just a home; she was a nonsexual lover.

They listened with interest as he told them of his outrageous plan.For the first time he referred to them as his clan.They needed to travel fast and sure, making another perilous journey.This time their route would lead them due South through Tim Tam Valley.He asked for frantic race to the Patchi River's, Salt Marshes, calling for the clan to rally.

Although the town council had not been forthcoming with any approval to develop the Salt Marshes

Although the town council had not been forthcoming with any approval to develop the Salt Marshes. Denver had observed that the Major seemed to be showing outside investment somewhat more lenient tendencies. Consequently, he had persisted with his plan and at rock bottom prices, had purchased large sections of the marshes. To avoid unnecessary attention, he did this via the County Seat And commenced surveying at some personal cost to him and the Consortium, he would not admit defeat. He had tasked Bart with overseeing the work. He, in turn, had appointed the best engineers and crew money could buy, a responsibility he did not shirk.

The crews were busy drilling samples of the bedrock. On both the North and South banks of the River, they worked around the clock The only way across was via a temporary pontoon bridge. So, they had purchased a couple of Steam driven ferries and several smaller boats, on the success nothing would impinge.

Denver's brain was already busy constructing a plan to employ the pontoon bridge. The boats, and the drilling rigs to set a trap for the pirates, a scene he saw enacted on a stage. He imagined their masters Roy and Ray, dancing with their mind full of success. Their egos he planned to crush, leaving smug chops a bloody mess.

He could not help but grin, even though concerned for the welfare of Jhonny and the crew. That had been exacerbated by the delay entailed in getting from Deep Pool to the Salt Marshes, something about which there was nothing he could do.