Interlude

Walking into his building, my long faux fur coat brushes along the shiny floor. My nude, 6 inch red bottom heels click as I approach the reception area. Jasmine, the receptionist who was a young curvy Latina, seemed to be packing up and was about to head out but I knew he was still here. If i weren't here right now, I'd be in my office. He was a workaholic such as myself. Always buried in documents behind the desk. While everyone went home and went out for dinners and other social events, much of our lives were spent in our offices. I was the boss...so I had to make the sacrifices. This made me understand him more. He owned his own business as well. It's the common ground we hit it off on.

"Good evening Jasmine, I'm here to see Mr Jordan." I casually greeted her as I became very familiar with the young lady over the past few months that I've been coming here. We've been working together and so far we made a mean team in the boardroom. Tonight would determine if we clicked any other way. Judging by the vibe I've been getting from him lately, I don't think it'll be a problem.

"Good evening Miss Moore, Mr Jordan  is up in his office as usual." She spoke, giving me a small smile. I wasn't unaware of the rumors some of his female employees had started about us already. I laughed because our relationship was infact all business but a man like Bakari Jordan was sought after, so I understood their misguided attempts to get me riled up with mess. I simply paid it no mind. I've heard worse things about myself. 

"Thank you. Enjoy your evening Jass, I know I will." I spoke flirtasious, fueling the fire more. I already knew the rumours came from her. She had been my only point of contact in the beginning but like I said...i didn't care.

I winked at the receptionist as she walked out of the building. Walking off towards the elevators, I pressed the button to summons one. My stomach knotting as my nerves began to sink in. I didn't know why I was nervous, usually I'm not. My actions weren't out of the ordinary so maybe I was reacting to something else. I quickly pulled myself together as I waited for the elevator door to slide open. Loosening my shoulders, i was always tense for some reason but nothing ever helped. I stepped into the elevator and pressed number 18. The elevator doors slid closed and slowly ascended.
I close my eyes trying to visualize him but i know the image in my mind wouldn't do him justice. He was way too fine for my imagination to conjure up.

Soon the door slid open again and I strutted out of the elevator into the long hallway towards his office that  was the only office on this floor. As I approached the door I took in a sharp breath, stilling my nerves once and for all. 

I slowly opened the door and there he was. Sitting back in the black leather chair behind his mahogany desk. He looked tired yet still very beautiful. He was definitely a handsome man. Masculine features with a painfully sexy body. It was obvious that he had his suits tailored to perfection. He always looked good when I saw him.

"I know you didn't come all the way here to stare at me" he spoke in a soft yet smouldering voice, his eyes still on whatever he was busy with

I closed the door behind me and made my way over to his desk, I sat down in the chair opposite his. He looked up at me for the first time since I walked into his office. I saw his face change from a very bored look to one filled with emotions I couldn't pin point at the moment but most importantly that I didn't want to.

"It's a little hot for the coat don't you think" he said as he gave me a quick once over, noticing my attire.

"Well I don't have much on underneath" I shot back at him.

I could see his eyes light up, bitting my bottom lip making my intentions clear. I was here for one thing and one thing only.