Play

The last two weeks have been so busy, I hardly had time to think properly. Apart from Cassie no longer being my assistant, we found out that my head of finance has been slacking on the job a bit, because he was in charge of such an important part of this company I had to let him go. So now I was searching for a new assistant and CFO. There was a knock on my office door pulling me from my thoughts.

"Come in" I noticed it was Amanda, the receptionist from the floor below. She has been helping me in the meantime.

"Miss Moore, sorry to interrupt but I have an urgent message from a Mr   Jordan, uhm it's also the 10th one this week."

"Can you please tell Mr Jordan I'll call him back." I shot at Amanda, irritated at this point.

"Ok, will do Miss Moore. I also spoke to someone at H.R they will be conducting interviews tomorrow for the CFO position. Mrs Nair wanted to know if you'll be joining them."

"Please tell her I'll only be joining them after they shortlist the candidates"

"I'll let her know."

"Thank you Amanda."

She left my office and I knew I needed to get an assistant soon. Because I'm so picky I needed to hire one myself but luckily Cassie will be helping me with that process. As for Bakari, I  didn't know why he was constantly calling. I was really busy and I didn't have time to call him back. However if it's business he wants to discuss then I'll have to call him back. Being a little ticked off, I did it immediately because I was desperate to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

"Good day, am I speaking to Jasmine?"

"Speaking."

"Hello Jasmine, it's Miss Moore. Can you put me through to Bakari's office please."

"You're going through."

"Good day, Jordan Enterprises. Morgan speaking. How may I help you?"

"Good day Morgan, is it possible to speak to Mr Jordan. It's urgent?"

"Unfortunately he is in a meeting. Is there a message?"

"Do you perhaps know how long he'll be?"

"Oh, it just started and it's scheduled for an hour, after that he'll be free."

"Ok thank you Morgan. I'll call back in the next hour."

"Would you like me to give him your details?"

"Oh no sweetheart it's fine."

I hung up and decided I'll just take a break and go over to his office. I drove until I was at his building and parked my car out front. Entering the building I noticed Jasmine wasn't at the receptionist area so I took the elevator up to his floor. The doors slid open and I saw Jasmine and who i assumed was Morgan at the reception area. This was my first time over here during normal office hours so I wasn't familiar with everyone.

"Hello Miss Moore. Long time no see." Jasmine greeted with a smile.

"Hi Jasmine, I've been so busy lately. I know Mr Jordan is in a meeting but I'll just wait for him in his office okay."

I walked to his office and heard Morgan ask Jasmine who I was. Typical female. I walked into his office and waited for him. After about 15minutes he was at the door, he opened and he just stood there like he saw a ghost.