Sunday

Bakari

Bakari

Beep Beep Beep

The alarm went off but it was Sunday morning. I forgot to switch this damn thing off. Sundays are my rest days and I definitely need the rest since I had to work yesterday and the encounter with Shay on Friday night got me a little spent but since I was awake early, I decided to go downstairs to the gym and get a little  workout in. I have to keep fit since I have someone in my life again, it was clear I would need alot of stamina with someone like Shay. It's been a while since I've felt this way about a woman but I really feel like we in a good space. My last relationship ended horribly. We dated for five years and I honestly thought we were so in love that I asked her to marry me. No one could've prepared me for the heartache that would come crashing down on me when I caught her in bed with my best friend. I was devastated and I promised myself never to fall in love again but when I met Shay that day in Atlanta, all I could think about was how she was everything I wanted in a woman. She knew everything about the business we were in that when she suggested we work together, I grabbed the opportunity just so I could get a little closer to her. She was definitely someone who knew how to keep it professional but i never missed the looks she gave me and after the other night, we clicked in more ways than one.

After my workout I took a hot shower. I was thinking about all the women I felt like I wasted time on. Why didn't I meet Shay years ago? Only God knew that but I was slowly falling for her. Yes I've heard the rumors about how she only uses men but we've been hanging out for 6 months now, well I can't exactly say we're dating because we're not and I can hardly call it hanging out because we've mostly met up in my office to work but I was feeling her, alot. I hope I wasn't reading this situation wrong. I did notice how she wasn't even open to me kissing her so the last thing I want to be is just another fuck buddy to her. I would have to make my intentions known if I wanted anything more but how do I do that without running her off.

I dried off and wore a pair of sweats since I wasn't planning on doing anything today. I lived alone and had a habit of just walking around naked. Yes I was aware that I was an attractive man but far from conceited. I didn't use how I looked to my advantage. Besides I always wanted women to be into me for who I am instead of just how I looked.

I went downstairs to get something to eat but my fridge was empty. I thought back to the time I lived with my mom, she cooked and cleaned. It was evident that there was a female presence here. She decided that she was in the way a bit because she noticed that I didn't bring anyone home. To be honest I thought it would have been disrespectful if I brought all my flings home but I guess she wanted to give me my space. After my break up she moved in with me, she was super over protective of me because I was her only child and after losing my dad two years ago, I was all she had left.

I wonder what she would think if I told her I might finally have someone. I decided to give her a call.

"Hey ma! How are you doing?"