Chapter Fourteen: Cops and Concerts

*Ariana's POV*

Fear. It's a funny thing really, it can lurk anywhere, for anyone. In dark corners, in animals. In other people. But the reality of fear is that is can be overcome, but not totally forgotten. Fear has evolved over the evolution of mankind. First it was the cavemen, afriad of the world, so they fought it. Then the pioneers, afraid of pirates and raiders, now to us. Afraid of each other, afraid of the unknown, afraid of power, afraid of tiny harmless creatures. Sometimes the word 'phobia' isn't used right. Homophobia, fear of gay people. Its not a fear, it's called being an a**hole.

While some fears are stupid, or unreasonable, others are raw and take over you. Everyone can overcome their fear, you just have to figure out how. The boys. I realized that the way to overcome my fear, was to do exactly what I'm afraid of. Be alone with them. It happened with Zayn and Louis. It's working with Liam. I haven't tried with Niall. But fear is different then trust. I don't trust many people. Trust takes forever to earn and a milisecond to break. Trust is when you let someone guide you blindfolded. When you fall backwards willingly, knowing they will catch you. Trust is telling people your secrets and knowing they wont tell. Trust is telling the truth, no matter what. Trust is something I have only with my brother. I don't even trust myself half the time.

*Zayn's POV*

"Zayn, you awake?" Harry's voice calls out, I groan and roll over, my head feeling stuffy and I can't breath through my nose. My eyes are unfocused and when I sniff to try and clear my airways a feeling of knives in my throat is what I get. Great. I have a cold.

"Yeah" I croak out and wince at the sound of my voice, it rattles around in my head with a pounding sensation. I see Harry poke his head in the door and see his look of shock at my appearance, perfect and we have a f*cking show today too, ugh!

"The police are here, they need your statement from last night. I gave mine and Ari gave hers, we stalled them as long as we could but they need yours" Harry tells me, dropping his voice to level that hurts my head less. I nod and sit up, the room immedietly spinning and my head pounding harder, pressure building up inside.

"Alright, could you get me some cold medicine?" I ask meekly and he nods, giving me a sympathetic smile before leaving. For f*cks sake it's summer! Which means it's supposed to be warm! But it's england which means it's f*cking cold and rainy all the time. I crawl out of bed and shuffle to my closet, pulling out a black shirt and a pair of grey sweats as well as a beanie and boxers before getting dressed.

"Zayn?" Ariana's small voice says, I turn around to see her holding a glas of water and two pills. I smile and take them immedietly, waiting for relief. Ariana gives me a small smile and steps forward to hug me. I hesitantly reach around to hug her back, hoping she doesn't freak out. A smile finds it's way across my face when she doesn't even tense at my touch.

"Thanks love" I thank her and she steps back, smiling at me before darting out of the room. The pressure in my head begins to decrease and I sigh in relief, going to the bathroom to brush my teeth before heading down the stairs. There are two officers seated in our living room, Liam is laying across the couch, still looking a bit pale, but much better. I sit at his feet, resting my elbows on my knees and hanging my head a little.

"Are you Mr. Zayn Malik?" The one officer asks, he is tall with black hair and a tired expression. I nod and look at the second one, a female, with short blonde hair and a happy expression. Probably hasn't seen half the things the man has.

"erm, well, I was walkin' 'ome cuz' me car broke down and some guy came outta nowhere and just like attacked me, he was tellin me that 'she's mine' and that I was 'ruining his plan' he was crazy!" I start off with not many details, too f*cking tired. But as I remember things I add them in and both officers are scribbling things down.