Chapter 1

Just to let you know this is the first time I've ever written anything like this so idk if anyone will like it but I tryed :)

Alexa pov

    I was sitting at my desk, on my computer, and as usual I was applying for all the jobs that I could, and since I had dropped out of high school it was so difficult to find a job.

"Ugh why won't anyone hire me." I groaned.

"Still trying to find a job, huh?" I jumped, but then I looked up and it was just Jack, my brother, who I had been living with temperarily until I could afford a place of my own.

"Oh it's just you." I said in relief.

"Hey, want me to pick up some food from the grocery store?"

"yeah sure."

We started walking towards the door as he was about to leave the house

"You know some day you gotta find a boyfriend because you can't keep living with me. I've practically been taking care of you the past few years."

I laughed for a little then I realized that it was true. I was 21, I don't have a job, I don't have a boyfriend or anything.

"I know. I know. need to start figuring out what to do with my life." I sighed as I pushed him out the door. "Now go get me some food while I work on finding a job so I can move out." I giggled.

"I'll get you the food, but you better find a place of you're own soon, or I'm gonna kick you out of the house."

"Welp I could get a house if only someone would hire me." I said under my breath so that he wouldn't hear.

After he had left I got on my phone and saw that I got an email from one of the places I applied for. I shot up with joy to read it. I clicked on it and started reading it to myself.

"Unfortunately someone else already got the job..."

I stopped there. It made me so mad that none of the jobs I wanted would hire me.

I decided to take a break and just go on YouTube to find something to watch. I went through some popular youtubers and subscribed to a bunch of them not even paying attention to which ones that I had subbed to. Just scrolling through finding something to destract me from everything else going on.

As I was on my phone I heard a noise coming from the door, so I put my phone down and looked up. "I'm back with the food!" Jack yelled as he walked in the door. I hurried to go run to him and grab some of the food.

We sat down at the table and as we were about to eat I got a notification on my phone. I was going to just ignore it because I thought it was from one of the jobs I applied for just telling me how they wouldn't hire me, but I decided to check it anyways. I picked up my phone and saw that it wasn't what I expected. It was from some YouTuber called mrbeast. "Why would he be emailing me? I don't even know who that is." I thought to myself.

Thx sm for reading I know it's not good. If anyone could give me helpful criticism or tips on anything it would really be appreciated. Also let me know if it's even good enough that I should continue the story or if it's just so bad I should give up.