The End Is Near

" Why don't you think about what you are going to do once you get out of this hell hole." Aiden said to me .I knew it was another one of his attempts at trying to make me feel better. But there was something forced about his optimism and I knew he was more afraid than he let on. Nevertheless I smiled and tried to put on a brave face.

" Not sure about that Aiden .I think the first thing I am gonna do is take a bath in my own bathroom and maybe spend the next couple of days lazing around in my own bed .God I miss that so much ."

" I was thinking of some grand way to celebrate. "

" What?"

" You always said you wanted to see the Alhambra ."

" You want to take me to Spain?"

" Yes and any place else you wanna go."

" There are lots of places I wanna go. I haven't seen the pyramids, the forbidden city and I loved Dragon Ball so maybe a trip to Tokyo won't be so bad either. Don't indulge me so much it will empty your bank account."

" That's fine by me as long as you leave some of the destinations for our honeymoon." Aiden winked and we both burst into laughter.

Somehow all of this felt bitter sweet. We were just building castles in the air, with the fear and uncertainty of the future hanging over our heads. A glass partition wall separated us. As he left I was back to doing nothing but anxiously anticipating what was about to happen.

When the next day the officer told me someone had come to visit I naturally assumed it was my mom or Sasha. I was shocked when I saw Alyssa smugly smirking at me from her chair.

" What do you want?" The sight of her made me feel both angry and exhausted at the same time.

" Just wanted to talk about your boyfriend. I have heard he's trying his own way to make sure you win the next hearing. I know for sure he's snooping around trying to get at anything in my private life that he can use to blackmail me into keeping my mouth shut."

" He didn't say anything about this to me."

" Well I am just here to tell you to ask your boyfriend to mind his own business. In fact he's been openly supporting you in the media . You will tell him to stop that too if you truly care for him."

" I doubt there's anything you can do to hurt him."

" Actually I can . I own thirty percent of the shares in Victor Enterprises. At the upcoming shareholders meeting we are going to decide if we still want to associate ourselves with the scandal ridden Victor family or we want to craft a new image for the company. Ofcourse they are many who are in favor of the latter . Which means Aiden might have to relinquish his position in the company . And if I decide to vote against him it will be more than likely."

I felt so angry that I couldn't speak . If only we didn't have the glass partition between us I would have loved to smack her on the face. She sauntered away with a satisfied smile on her face.

Aiden's POV

I never really enjoyed visiting our under construction projects. There was mud and cement everywhere here and the hotel that we intended to build here was nothing more than a skeleton of concrete and steel. But I wasn't really here to just get updated on what was happening here, I was here to see someone.

He finally appeared a middle aged man with brown hair turning grey at the temples. He was the person supervising the work here. Our so called 'witness' Peter Hudson. From the way his eyes widened when he saw me he knew who I was . And apparently he had already guessed why I was here to see him.