Prologue: Big bird, little bird

(Patch)
(12:45 a.m.)

(Raven POV)

It's time. Three weeks ago Qrow and I got notified that our clan had lost their leader, so one of us would have to become the new leader. Qrow never wanted to be the leader, as evident by his ever increasing bar tabs, and long before entering Beacon I planned to return. But, a few complications arose recently. First, was me falling for one of my team members, Tai. At first he was annoying, with him constantly trying to flirt with me, but eventually he wore me down and I gave in. It wasn't that bad at first, and soon I began to enjoy his company. Fast forward a bit, and he ended up knocking me up. At first I didn't tell him, because I thought he would leave me, but Qrow and his big, drunk mouth, told him. To my surprise, he was actually very happy and we decided after to get married. A few months later and I gave birth to twins, a girl named Yang and a boy named Y/n (Yang is older by a few minutes). Yang had Tai's bright, blond hair and beautiful lilac eyes while Y/n had my black hair and red eyes. I came to Beacon to get stronger, and ended up having a family only to have to leave them. I would take Yang and/or Y/n with be, but I want them to have a better life then what I had. I'll miss them greatly, but this is for the best. I just finished packing up all my stuff while my family sleeps.

Before I finished gathering everything up, I wanted to say goodbye to my kids one last time. I made my way to Yang and Y/n's cradle. I set my my bag down by the cradle and picked my kids up one last time. First was Yang, I could tell she would become a strong person when she gets older, I just wish I could be there for her when she does. I gave her a small peck on the forehead, careful to not wake her, and set her back down. Next was Y/n, he looked just like a Branwen, from his hair to his eyes, and just like Yang, I knew he would also become a strong person in the future. I gave him a peck on the forehead as well, but he began to stir a little, so I quietly calmed him down, and set him right beside Yang. Once I looked at them one last time, I reached for my bag before realizing I still had my engagement ring on.

It was beautiful and expensive

It was beautiful and expensive. After we got married, Tai told me it cost him nearly a million Lein. When I asked him "Why would he spend so much?" he said "Only the best, for the best". The memory made me smile before tears fell from my eyes. I wanted to keep it for the memories, but it would only distract me in the long run. So, with a heavy heart, I made my way back to Tai to return the ring. I placed the ring on his night stand and looked at his sleeping figure. He always was a heavy sleeper. I smiled before making my way back to my bag. I picked it up and I felt slightly heavier but I quickly dismissed the thought. I walked outside and looked back at my home one last time, before looking forward and relaxing myself and gained a stoic expression. I used my semblance to open a portal back to the tribe and walked through.

Once through, I was greeted by the tribe. Many asked me questions on various things, such as issues or my life at Beacon. The latter of which I either didn't answer or left ambiguous. I made my way to my tent and set my bag down by my bed before returning to the tribe. After a few minutes of work, I told everyone to turn in for the night and I did the same.