✨ Chapter 3 ✨

Seokmin entered the library with a loud creek of the door. The doors were heavy but not impossible to open with a hard push. The library was dark and dusty but with the flick of a light switch, sadly, nothing has changed.

It was still dusty, only difference is that Seokmin can now see the room clearly. It was old as it was huge, which meant it was very much those two adjectives. Yet, the look of the library was one to bring stars into Seokmin's eyes.

No one know why this interested him. Even he doesn't know why. Seokmin started to walk around the library as quietly as he could. It may be old and abandoned but it was still a library. Seokmin was all about library etiquette.

"Here comes the sun~" Seokmin tries to sing. His voice echoed around really loudly until it slowly became quite. After hearing the echo around the library, he continued to sing. "Dududududu~ Here comes the sun, and I say~"

"It's al... right..." Seokmin stopped singing and stared at the isle he stopped at in amazement. The isle seemed to be more on the modern side compared to the others. The other isles were filled with old books but this,

This row of shelves had albums, albums of various singers. Beyoncé, BoA, Super Junior, Michael Jackson, The Beatles- you name it. Any first generation artis you can think of, there's probably at least one album of them on that shelf.

No one would notice if I got some, Seokmin thought to himself. It wasn't like Doyoung-ssi and Taeil-ssi would notice some missing albums- given the amount of albums on that shelf. And besides, having albums would make everyone else jealous.

He grabbed a few albums, a Girl's Generation album, a Beyoncé album, a SHINee album (to make Soonyoung jealous), and he even sneakily pocketed a Taylor Swift album that was fairly new compared to the other albums.

Just as he pulled the Taylor Swift album out of the shelf, a loud creek sounded around the library. Seokmin didn't know where the sound came from but it did manage to make him drop all of the albums and run to a different isle.

Seokmin didn't hear anything for a while. That's when he realized that it was safe to go back and check on what had made that sound. It was the wall in the middle of the pair of shelves that contain albums. It opened.

The albums the boy had picked up were still laying on the ground but after further inspection, Seokmin noticed how the Taylor Swift album was still hanging on the shelf, being held back by what seems to be a lever of some sort.

"That's... weird." Seokmin was not one for technicalities so he didn't bother trying to find out how the album could have been a lever for a secret passageway. The only thing on his mind was, "I have to see where this leads me."

That was always how horror movies began. Sadly, Seokmin doesn't watch horror movies since they scare him so much. With his first step into the passageway, he was suddenly greeted with a cold gush of wind.

That made him confused. It wasn't near winter yet and there was no air conditioning in the room. How was that the passageway was cold? Seokmin stepped out and stepped back in again. Not even science could explain what just happened.

As Seokmin stepped out, the atmosphere was back to how Seokmin remembered it to be. When he stepped back in once again, it felt like he just stepped out of a store in the winter after being stuck in a heated room.

Just like any naive person, Seokmin took another step in, then another, then another, then another. He kept on going until he could barely see the library anymore. The passageway was dark and cold but Seokmin just kept walking.

Thankfully, it was a one way passageway, there was no way Seokmin could get lost. The creepiness of this whole scenario should be able to scare anyone away, everyone except Seokmin. Oh, to be an optimist like him.

Who knows how long he had been walking for but soon enough, he saw light by the end of the passageway. Seokmin ran to the light, ignoring the coldness as it got harsher and harsher the closer he came to the end of the passageway.

With one more step, he was finally out. Seokmin landed on a soft pillow of snow when he stepped out of the passageway. Seokmin had no idea where he was. Cold, was the only thing in his head. It was very very cold.

That was to be expected, seeing as the place was covered in snow. That made him wonder.. Was this a secret winter wonderland Doyoung-ssi and Taeil-ssi made for themselves? That would make no sense since Korea snowed.

It could be because they wanted it to snow all day, throughout the whole year. But then, even this seemed a bit too much, even for someone as rich as them. The amount of money they would spend just to keep this running was out of pocket.

All Seokmin could do is wonder why this place existed. The snow looked too real to be fake. The coldness was legit, not something you could possibly recreate with air conditioning units. Everything in this place was real. This place was a literal winter wonderland and that makes no sense, no sense at all.

Seokmin looked around- it was like a Winter Wonderland. No, it was a Winter Wonderland. Every step he took made the sound of snow crunching under his feet. Seokmin grinned at the sound. Now there was only one thing left to do... Explore.