Chapter 0

Collected by old scriptures.

Energy doesn't have a name. Known only as Energy it existed in the same quality and quantity even before time became a factor.

That was until They came into contact with it.
The Versati. Their essence changed the pure Energy into what a few knew as Versati energy and many as The World Energy. The second name came to be when the combined essence of the Versati and the pure Energy gave birth to the first realm.

With the passage of time, life appeared in the new realm. Tiny and enormous lifeforms were created and lived due to the Versati energy. And with the new life a great rule came into existence. The one that ruled all those bellow the Versati, the Rule of fate.

And fate dictated that everything shall perish one day. Some lived for mere moments, like flimsy lights and others for what seemed to be eternal. Fate stipulated that even the worlds and realms shall end. That was the will of the Versati.

But the rule that even the Versati failed to realise was that Balance was above even Their reign. Thus, the Energy gave birth to creatures, which, although born by the Versati Energy, were not bound by it and thus, were not bound by fate.

Such existences were the Ismarel. Creatures that looked like humans, but, at the same time, not at all similar. The energy that passed through the Ismarels was purified into the original pure Energy that was the beginning of everything. That in itself would not be an issue, except that the worlds and realms the Ismarels were born at did not seem to weaken.

In normal realms, as new creatures were born and came to be, the World Energy that created them was slowly getting depleted and corrupted until the world itself collapsed. However, due to the Ismarel's interference, the purification of the World Energy led to the realm stabilizing and growing stronger, rejecting the ultimate rule of fate, that all existence shall end.

The Versati that owned that world saw the danger and sent calamities at the Ismarels. First in the form of diseases, grave enough to make whole species extinct and turn worlds into uninhabited Wastelands. But the Ismarels endured and through the energy they absorbed from their environment, they healed themselves. So the Versati sent great rains turning the open fields that the Ismarels thrived at into forests and then jungles. But the Ismarels survived since that was their greatest power. Limitless adaptation.

Then came the floods, the cold and the desert. But the Ismarels dominated the sea, walked past the deserts and broke through the ice. And when death came, they rejected it.

And thus the Versati sent the Great beasts. A great lion appeared in front of the leader of the Ismarel. He had met lions in the past but never one as big and as ferocious. He ran in fear but the lion chased him, not to consume him but to erase his existance. For days he ran and for days it chased until the Ismarel didn't have any strength left to escape. And for the first time in history, the Ismarel picked up a weapon to fight back with anger and hate for the creature. It wasn't a grand weapon by any means, just a branch long enough to hold with two hands. But the moment he grabbed it with the intention to fight back and harm the beast, a strange comfortable sensation overcame him. Because holding a weapon felt natural to him. This time it wasn't about hunting and surviving, it was about responding with the same feelings as the beast.

He fought and fleed, fought and fleed, getting used to this new feeling and finding joy in the new ways his body was moving. And when the great lion succumbed to its countless wounds, the warrior felt ecstatic. The branch in his hands was soaked with his and the lions blood and seemed to come back to life. As he shared his new knowledge with the rest of his people and absorbed theirs, a new generation of warriors was born.

They hunted the beasts and when the monsters came,they hunted them too. They fought together and then hunted alone. Soon no creature could stand against to them. And, so, the Versati went itself to meet the great warriors. It took the form of a maiden and introduced itself as the realm's God. It explained that the world was in danger and invited them to a tournament of warriors, naming it the World's Champion tournament. The First Warrior of the Ismarel gathered all his warriors and charged to protect his world.

It was a trap laid by the united Versati who, after gathering the greatest warriors and monsters from all the realms, introduced the Ismarels as enemies and calamities and instigated a fight to the death amongst them.

One by one the great warriors from both sides met their end at the blades and claws of those that could have been their friends.

At the end of the great battle, 3 Ismarels stood tall in the crimson mountain. And their reward was meeting the young maiden who, once, as a God asked for their help and now for their heads. After fighting for days, only the leader, the first hunter, the one who raised arms was left. In his right hand he was holding the treacherous maidens neck and in his left his sword with the wooden handle,made from the first weapon he ever wielded.

With its dying breath, the Versati cursed him and his kin. The great warrior didn't care about the last words of his enemy, but soon the curse created the conditions for their demise.

Many of the Ismarels fell over the years because of the curse. The Versati curse foretold that every time the Ismarels acted in violence, the Will of the world would crash them no matter the cost, even if the world itself was sacrificed.

After a few decades the only remaining Ismarel were those that refused to raise arms. Those who were peaceful,weak and easy to kill.