Indigo

The next few days were much better. Sure, when Sapnap woke up and saw Dream and George cuddled up together, both fast asleep, it was a bit of a shock to him.

Then came the countless teasing and jokes Sapnap made of Dream and George "sleeping" together. George thought he was an idiot, Sapnap thought of himself as a comedy genius.

Dream's eyes weren't as blue anyways, which made all three of them happier. Excluding the fact that they were blue most of the times, they would change colours every so often.

The three of them were on good terms though. A week has passed and it had gotten much better. George was trying to cheer up Dream, even though he didn't know the source of his sadness. It was a Thursday evening and Sapnap decided he wanted answers. So when George went to the bathroom, the younger boy stood up and cornered Dream.

"Seriously, dude. What's wrong? Your blue eyes are scaring me," Sapnap whisper-shouted at Dream, who glared at him in a startled sort of way, "You know you can tell me anything! I'm like your best friend."

Dream furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips. "Please, I don't want you to feel down. You should be enjoying this, and it hurts me to see you in this state," Sapnap placed his hand on Dream's shoulder, making his dark eyes turn black. Sapnap drew a quick breath.

Black. He felt empty. Sapnap looked away.

"It's George," Dream said finally, looking at nothing in particular. Sapnap felt goosebumps on his arms. He looked back at the blonde, who was staring into nothingness. "I think... I think I love him."

Sapnap cocked his head, clearly confused. "Wouldn't your eyes be pink if you loved him? Why are they black? Let alone, they've been blue for the majority of the time," said Sapnap slowly, shaking his head. Dream turned his head, blinking his eyes ever so steadily.

"It's all in my head. He doesn't like me. I'm selfish for wanting him to like me if he doesn't. I just feel down because I shouldn't be liking him. What if this affects our careers? Our friendship? I can't let him know," he spluttered out, looking at the ground. Sapnap didn't know what to say, "I'm unworthy of a friend like you. You've been so nice to me."

Sapnap looked at him in disbelief. "Dream! What has gotten into you?! You really need to beat up that voice inside of your head, it really is messing you up. Come here," Sapnap gave Dream a tight hug. Dream hugged back, reluctantly.

"Do you know what you should do? You should tell George how you feel. I reckon that will make things better," Sapnap suggested, giving him a warm smile. Dream didn't respond, "Look, if you don't tell him before he leaves, you'll feel even worse - trust me."

Dream gave him a small nod, making Sapnap smile. From that day, Sapnap tried to give him as much space as possible so that he could do it at his own pace, alongside giving him tips on what to do. The blonde appreciated it greatly.

He spent the next few days planning out the perfect way to tell him. He spent hours upon hours consulting with people like Bad or Sapnap. Sapnap even volunteered to practice because like he kept repeating, he has to be ready for anything.

"Right, so I say, 'Hey George.. I need to tell you something," said Dream confidently, watching Sapnap. Sapnap clutched his chest and fell to his knees, "Wha- Sapnap?!"

"I-I'm having a heart attack, Dream! Ooohh Dream! Help me, Dream! Dream, Dream, Dream!" Sapnap wailed, rolling his eyes dramatically. Dream frowned. "Take this seriously!"

"Yeah, but what happens if the idiot does have a heart attack? Be ready for anything," Sapnap snapped, standing up and giving him a smile, "Okay, fine. George says 'What is it, Dream?"

Dream stared at his hands and inhaled slowly. "George, you are one of my best friends and I need to tell you something very important. It might ruin our friendship, so it's hard for me to say but... I think I love you."

Sapnap gave him a shocked expression. "Okay, now it can go two ways. Either, a) Dream, actually, I'm not gay!" he said sadly, turning away from Dream. Dream said nothing, "I'm sorry, Dream, but I don't feel the same way."

"I.. er- it's okay. I wasn't expecting you to feel the same way anyways. We can still be friends, though," Dream replied, his voice breaking at the end of his sentence. Sapnap turned to him and smiled sadly, "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, George."

"It's okay, Dream. You're still my best friend," Sapnap admitted, giving him an empathetic grin. "Okay, that or b) where George goes 'Oh my god, Dream, I think I have feelings for you too!"

The corners of Dream's sad smile twitched upwards. "Really? You do?" Dream asked hesitantly and Sapnap nodded. "Dream, I think I loved you ever since we were three!"

Sapnap leaned in and pretended to kiss him. Dream laughed, pushing him away. "Ew, gross," Dream grinned, making Sapnap laugh, "Alright, well I think it's all good then."

"Not so fast, you still don't know how to react if he starts having a heart attack," said Sapnap and he fell to his knees again. Dream groaned. "Oh, Dreaaaam!!! Help me, Dream!! I feel my heart... crack!!!"

"I call an ambulance, obviously," Dream muttered, still smiling. Sapnap glanced at Dream's eyes and felt a smile tugging on his lips.

They were a beautiful shade of yellow.

Sapnap didn't acknowledge them. He just gave Dream an encouraging smile, which made the blonde smile slowly.

"How about we go somewhere cool tomorrow? You can tell him then," Sapnap suggested and Dream nodded, checking his phone. "Disney World sounds pretty good."

Dream's smile twitched.

"There's no going back, is there?" he asked hesitantly, a sheepish look forming on his face. Sapnap laughed.

"Nope," Sapnap replied, tapping a few times on his phone and grinning.

"We're going to Disney World and there's no going back."