𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

16th of December 1991

THE COLLEGE STUDENT

Job 8:7
"Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be."

The sun shining through my window wakes me up from my sleep. I'm excited because I have my first rehearsal for Michael's short film. Today just feels like it's going to be great. Nothing can knock me out of this good mood.

Michael and I spoke on the phone after the kiss and we both apologized for what happened. I may have overreacted and he definitely kissed me out of the blue. We reassured each other that we were still friends and everything is back to normal. For the short-film, Michael told me he's gotten a few friends to star alongside him and I get to meet my 'husband' today. The butterflies in my stomach make me jump out of bed feeling like Snow White and rush into the shower. After my shower, I throw on a yellow striped shirt with some low rise jeans and my signature high heels before leaving out my dorm room to head to rehearsal.

We're rehearsing at some dance studio so Michael can be in and out of the rooms need be. He's holding the dance rehearsals at the same time as the rehearsal for the scenes. Lucky for him, he's rich, so renting out the entire studio for the week wasn't an issue for him.

The closer I get to the studio, the crazier the butterflies in my stomach get. This is not good at all. It's likely I won't even get to see him because he's going to be running around trying to get things together. A girl could only hope.

As I'm turning the corner to get on the street where the studio is, a deer jumps out in front of my car. "Oh, shit!" I stomp on my brakes, skidding to a stop just before I could hit the deer. The deer stares at me with an attitude as if I had the nerve to almost hit it.

I scratch the back of my head, confused as to what I should do so I just put the car in reverse and start backing up. The deer inches closer to my car and before I could drive around it, the deer jumps headfirst into the hood of my car, and I'm just in complete awe. "What the fuck?" I shout at the animal as it slides down from the hood of my car and onto the road.

Why'd this motherfucker wait for my car to come rolling down the street to frolic his ass across the street? I hope it isn't dead, I'll have to call the police or something. I shut off my car and inch towards the animal, checking to see if there's any sign of life. As I'm looking down at it, the deer jumps up and books it across the street.

  As I'm looking down at it, the deer jumps up and books it across the street