𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

26th of December 1991

THE POP STAR

The air was slightly nippy but not freezing cold so changing into the red dress shirt was a wise idea. The ride on the way to the airport was exciting, seeing all of the Christmas lights and decorated houses. I wish I could see snow on Christmas, but one day, I will. 

That will be the day I'm truly happy because I'll be able to share the holiday with the people I love.

It's way past midnight since Beyoncé called me around 7 PM and her flight back here is about six hours. We eventually arrive outside of the Santa Barbara Airport and my unmistakably exhausted driver leaves me in the car. I feel bad that he had to come out on Christmas Day to drive me around, but at least he was afforded the opportunity to spend the day with his family. 

Staring out of the window, I watch two children run into the arms of a man who I presume to be their father. They embrace as if they haven't seen each other in ages and he kisses their foreheads before letting go of them to hold their hands. Guiding them across the street, they walk somewhere, and just as I'm losing them, my eyes glance over to something that catches my attention. 

White heels, toned legs with a matching white dress, and straight blonde hair. My God, is that her? I wish she would've told me what she was wearing so I wouldn't look plain. I'm shifting in my seat, watching her be lead to the car by my driver, who was kind enough to hold a sign up for her in the airport. 

No matter how old I get, I still think it's cool to have someone in the airport holding a sign up with your name on it. The door opens and Beyoncé steps in, showing off her beautiful legs and white heels. As I'm trying to enjoy this view, she wraps her arms around my neck, hugging me tightly and I chuckle, slipping my arms around her waist. 

"You don't know how happy I am to see you," She mumbles and I can sense her sadness from a mile away so I hold her for an extra second until we pull away from each other. 

"You didn't have to come all the way over here at 2 AM to get me from the airport. I could've gotten a taxi or somethin'," She says and I wave her off. We both know I wouldn't have allowed that to happen so even suggesting it is a waste of everyone's time. 

With that on, I guarantee a few men pulled over and tried to pick her up. "It's Christmas. We're not going to let your holiday end on a sour note."

Once the driver is settled in his seat, we begin the nearly hour ride back to the ranch. She leans her head back against the seat and closes her eyes as I mumbled underneath my breath, "Plus, I got you something."

Her eyes fly open as she nearly breaks her neck to look at me, exclaiming, "Tell me you're kiddin'!" I shrug my shoulders, somewhat nervous about her reaction. The gift was pretty last minute, but I can only hope that she'll like it.