Scars

It was annoying to you how such a perfect day could turn sour. You had your moods that fluctuated; moments where you over thought and then over thought your over thinking. Would there come an end to your own sabotage? Maybe not. You sat near the kitchen counter and sighed, swirling a glass of red wine as the shower was going. The both of you had just had dinner and you were sitting here deeply considering. Of all of the times you had opened up to somebody like this, so completely... it's never turned out well at all. You felt yourself weary and even suspicious that it could happen again. Unfortunately even with Brandon. How long could you have felt this happy? He had emerged from the bedroom soon after getting himself dressed. A black Metallica T shirt and black boxers comprised his outfit as he approached, he smelled really nice like fresh Irish Spring soap. His black hair was still damp. Your heart softened just slightly but then you were forced to look at him with a thoughtful eye. Brandon took the seat next to you, and you turned slightly to face him.
"What's up, y/n?" He asked while softly putting a hand at your back. Rubbing it. You sigh.
"I've never had something...somebody, treat me as well as you do and mean it when they say they love me." You reply. After a brief silence, he asked, "What do you mean by that?"
You look over at him.
"I love you so much..that it scares me. I'm scared that one day it'll be the same, that something will happen and that I'll change your mind about me. I'm scared that you'll grow bored, or that you'll find somebody better like they had." You admit, sipping from your glass and looking down. Brandon shakes his head.
"Don't be ridiculous," he said, taking your jaw softly so that you could look into his eyes. You relent, close to tears. Knowing that he would have said that and wanting to snap yourself out of it. But it's hard. "Of course nothing is gonna pull me away. Not time. Not boredom, and sure in the fuck not another woman. It's you that brings fire to my veins, whose lips that I picture against mine at my darkest moments. Your scent arouses me, your smile numbs me, I could compare you to a drug. Better than. If only you could see yourself from my eyes and understand that nobody else could exist to me...Not when you're near. I love you, y/n. I love you with all of my heart." He took your hand in both of his and squeezed It, paying soft kisses over the top. He looked up at you and you placed the glass down onto the counter.
"Please tell me you mean it.." You whisper,
"I will shout it if that's the way that you say it should be," he said without hesitation. "I mean it. As much as I mean it when I say that I can't see me without you. You should Trust me more, baby. Please."
You sighed gently and then nodded. Wanting with every fiber to be put at ease, but it was only slightly that he calmed your demons. Brandon followed you as you walked quietly to your bedroom and then lie over the sheets. Without saying a word, he pulled you over to him and you buried your head at his chest. Needing this more than words, and he seemed to understand that. His heart was steady, comforting you as the tears wanted to well in your eyes once again. "I love you.." You say, leaning your head up and softly kissing at his neck. He caressed you and held you close.
"I love you too."
"Please don't be annoyed.." You replied against his skin and softly kissed him again.
"Never."
"Never never?"
He chuckled and then interlaced his fingers with yours.
"Never never."