The Potions Master

The next day, whispers follow Harry everywhere he goes but he can't be bothered to care. Thankfully, he's got all his classes with Ron, so he trusts the boy to lead him to all his classes.

Harry isn't sure he'll ever master the hundred and forty-two staircases at Hogwarts because they're all so different. Some are wide, some are narrow, some are rickety and feel as if they might collapse any second, some lead to different places than the first time you stepped on them, and then the dreadful vanishing step ones. Harry has almost fallen onto his face multiple times from stepping on one of the steps he was supposed to jump and Ron has now gotten into the habit of just picking him up and setting him onto the stair below the vanishing one. It makes Harry laugh when he does it and Harry thinks that's a big reason as to why he doesn't just tell Harry to jump.

Peeves has taken to messing with Harry the most, unfortunately. As soon as he learned that Harry couldn't see him, Peeves had been delighted. He sneaks up on Harry daily to throw things at him or pull rugs out from under him or, worst of all, to stick his hand through Harry's face and pretend to grab his nose. Harry, who has gotten fed up with this, has taken to yelling for the Baron whenever Peeves starts acting up, which always makes Peeves run away quickly and earns laughs from everyone around them.

Filch isn't as bad as the poltergeist but he certainly is horrible. Ron and Harry got onto his bad side the first first day of classes. They had been trying to get through a locked door when Filch found them and they found out it was the door blocking the forbidden third-floor corridor. Filch refused to believe that they were just lost and started threatening to lock them in the dungeons when Professor Quirrell saved them.

After you manage to find your class, there's the class itself. Harry's previous assessment of magic being as simple as waving your wand and saying some Latin turned out to be wrong and he panicked a little bit when this fact was found out. All his teachers so far, though, have been very accommodating and nice to him, if a little shocked that the Boy-Who-Lived is blind. On Wednesday's at midnight, they're supposed to study the night sky, so Harry works with Dean Thomas, a boy who is supposedly great at drawing but is also able to describe what he is seeing very well. Three times a week, they head out to the greenhouses for Herbology with Professor Sprout. Harry works with Neville in this class because Neville has a strange affinity for plants and is able to help Harry when he needs it, which is a lot of the time.

In History of Magic with Professor Binns, Harry listens intently to the information given, even though Professor Binns' voice is dreadful. He doesn't necessarily need anybody's help in History of Magic, so he just sits with Ron and tries not to fall asleep during the class.

In Charms with Professor Flitwick, Harry works with Hermione Granger, who has a similar affinity to most subjects like Neville has with Herbology. She happily helps Harry take notes and other such things and Harry, despite thinking she's a little annoying, actually likes her, unlike Ron.

In Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall, Harry sits in between Hermione and Ron. Hermione helps them both, Harry mostly, with everything. The first lesson, they had taken extensive notes and then were given a match to try and turn into a needle. Harry, who focused on the feeling of his magic and tuned out everybody else in the class, managed to change it perfectly the very first time he tried, shocking the class into silence. Professor McGonagall had apparently stared at him in shock for quite a bit of time before picking up his needle and showing the class. Ron says that she looked like she was about to cry but Harry doesn't believe him.

Professor Quirrell's class is something of a joke, but considering all they do is read out of their textbooks and write essays, Harry is easily one of the best students in the class, just like Transfiguration and Charms. The latter two are quite easy to Harry because he can focus on his magic better than anybody else and knows exactly where it's going and what will happen when it comes out. This reading and writing essays is easy, very boring, but easy.