Through the Trapdoor

Harry has no idea how he manages to do his exams with the threat of Voldemort lurking behind every corner.

Written exams are awful, especially with the heat in the room as they take them, but Harry manages. Apparently, it's not just printed books that accommodate for the readers because it was the professors who wrote every question with their own quill and it's all still in braille for Harry. When he asks Professor McGonagall why, she tells him magical books are printed on the same parchment they use for exams, meaning it's the parchment that realizes Harry needs it to be in braille. Harry decides not to mention this fact to Ron -- just in case the boy decides to stop reading Harry's letters for him. Harry very much enjoys listening to Ron read Harry's letter and no, he doesn't know why, thank you very much.

The practical exams are easier. Harry successfully makes a pineapple tap dance and turns a mouse into a snuff box with ease and later, when they talk about what happened, Ron tells him that Professor McGonagall looked like she might cry when he walked in and he thinks it was because of Harry doing so well. Harry doesn't believe him. Snape's practical exam is horrible, considering he stands right behind them while they attempt to make a Forgetfulness potion. Harry's is especially horrible since Snape has to read him the instructions off the board because Ron isn't next to Harry to do it for him.

Harry does his best, powering through the pains in his forehead as best he can. It's been happening ever since the forest and Harry has no idea why though he figures it has something to do with Voldemort, considering it was Voldemort that made it hurt that night in the forest. Maybe, he still isn't sure what exactly happened that night, but seeing as he's trying to keep it out of his mind because he just gets angry when he thinks about it, he doesn't think he'll ever truly know.

Harry is worried about the Stone, though, something that Hermione and Ron don't seem to share with him. They're worried about Voldemort, of course, but the Stone not so much.

After their last exam -- History of Magic -- the trio heads down to the lake to finally relax. They sit under a tree for some shade and Harry starts rubbing at his scar, a frown etched on his face.

"I wish I knew what this means!" he exclaims, scaring the other two. "My scar keeps hurting — it's happened before, but never as often as this."

"Go to Madam Pomfrey," Hermione says, not sounding concerned in the slightest.

"I'm not ill," Harry shakes his head. "I think it's a warning... it means danger's coming..."

"Harry, relax, Hermione's right, the Stone's safe as long as Dumbledore's around. Anyway, we've never had any proof Snape found out how to get past Fluffy. He nearly had his leg ripped off once, he's not going to try it again in a hurry. And Neville will play Quidditch for England before Hagrid lets Dumbledore down," Ron tells him, also not sounding concerned.

Harry doesn't understand why they don't think it's a big deal but he doesn't really feel like arguing with them, so he just nods.

He can't shake the feeling though, the feeling of imminent danger or the feeling like he's forgotten something. He's getting increasingly frustrated and almost wants to march over to Malfoy just to hear what exactly the thing that Firenze saved Harry from was. Or at least what it looked like. He wishes he hadn't let Hagrid go off with Neville and Hermione, he wishes he would've just stayed with Hagird... Hagrid!

Harry jumps up, "We've got to go see Hagrid!"

"What? Harry, no," Ron whines.

Harry huffs and starts to walk, the two scrambling to catch up to make sure he doesn't go the wrong way or hurt himself, "Ron, don't you think it's a bit weird that the one thing Hagrid wants the most is a dragon and a stranger just comes out of nowhere with an egg? Nobody just walks around with a dragon egg, not if it's against the law. He's lucky he found Hagrid. God, how did I not figure this out before?"