Nicolas Flamel

Harry and Ron only go out once under the Invisibility Cloak and when Ron trips over Mrs. Norris and Filch almost catches them, they decide not to go out anymore. It stays folded up in Harry's trunk for the remainder of the break and when term starts back up and Hermione returns, the three go back to skimming books for ten minutes during break for any clue as to who Nicolas Flamel is. Harry is still sure he's heard the name somewhere but that doesn't really do them any good.

Quidditch practice starts back up too, so it's mainly Ron and Hermione skimming books. Wood is working them to the bone and for good reason too, considering Gryffindor will overtake Slytherin in the House Championship if they win the next match against Hufflepuff.

During one practice, they get bad news.

"Will you stop messing around!" Wood yells at Fred and George. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

"Snape's refereeing?" George sputters. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."

"It's not my fault," Wood says over the complaining of the rest of the team. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."

Harry, however, is very worried about this news. Considering what happened last time...

Later, when Harry tells Ron and Hermione the news, they immediately try to convince him not to play. Harry would agree with them but since there isn't a reserve Seeker, he has to or Gryffindor won't be able to play at all. As he says this, he hears the portrait hole open and then suddenly, everybody starts to laugh. He frowns and moves his head around, wondering what or who they're laughing at.

Hermione stands up and comes back a few moments later, "What happened?"

"Malfoy," Neville says shakily. "I met him outside the library. He said he'd been looking for someone to practice that on."

Harry furrows his eyebrows.

"Go to Professor McGonagall and report him, Neville!" Hermione exclaims.

"I don't want anymore trouble."

"You've got to stand up to him, Neville!" Ron says. "He's used to walking all over people, but that's no reason to lie down in front of him and make it easier."

"There's no need to tell me I'm not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, Malfoy's already done that."

Harry pulls a Chocolate Frog out of his pocket, the last of the box that Hermione gave him, and holds it out for Neville.

"You're worth twelve of Malfoy," he says. "The Sorting Hat put you in Gryffindor for a reason, didn't it?"

"Thanks, Harry," Neville mumbles. "I think I'll go to bed. D'you want the card, you collect them, don't you?"

Harry hands the card to Ron, too lazy to check and see if the card accommodates for him or not.

"Dumbledore," Ron says. "I don't suppose you want to start collecting them, Hermi --"

Hermione's name turns into a gasp, " and his work on Alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel! That's where you heard it, Harry, because I read it to you on the train! Dumbledore and Flamel worked with each other!"

Hermione gasps as well, "Stay there!" She sprints away. She comes back and sits down, "I never thought to look in here!" she whispers to them. "I got this out of the library weeks ago for a bit of light reading."

"Light?" Ron says but Hermione shushes him.

"I knew it! I knew it!" she whispers after a long moment of page turning.