Chapter 4 - Invitation

Yes that drawing is mine~

I'm actually quite proud of it so please no bullying unless it's constructive criticism!

~~~

Looking down at your mail you flip through spam, scams and fan mail; you'd take a look at the fan mail later. Though one caught your eye, it was a pearly white letter with a wax seal. Taking a closer look at the seal it had an 'M' and Apple design. Walking back into your house you sit on your couch and open the seal.

Dear Miss L/n,

You are formally invited to the annual Hell masquerade, exclusive to Overlords, Goetials, Celebrities, and those invited directly by set guests.

This event will take place on the 27th of March at 7 PM onwards.

Please be aware this is an incredibly formal event planned and executed by his royal majesty, King Lucifer Magne.

Formal clothing is a must, e.g. Ball gowns, suits and the latter. Of course a mask should be worn at all times.

Refrain from bringing a weapon.

There will be a food provided though that will be on a buffet table.

Please present this invitation at the gates.

Kind regards, Lucifer and Lilith Magne

"Holy cheese balls!" You turn to your calendar and see that it was in two days. "Oh yeah, thanks! Send me the invitation TWO DAYS BEFORE IT!!" Letting out a frustrated sigh you opted to take a shower and head to the porn studio to ask Velv to help you while dress shopping.

~~~

Busting down the lounge door you see Vox and Val stuffing their faces with their usual lunch and Velvet playing with Vark. Vox stuffs down his food and looks to you with a smile.

"Just who I was looking for! Would you like to be my date for-"

"No can do, sweetie, I got my own invite," Holding up said invite he frowns. "Don't worry, at least I'll be there,"

"Simp," Val coughs between his meal. The Tv demon sends a threatening glare to the moth who rolls his eyes behind his pink tinted glasses.

"But back to the matter at hand! Velvet, we are going shopping," She squeals in delight and crawls out from under Vark. The hammerhead gives a sad wail making you pass him two of his favourite treat. "Good shark,"

"Bye, Vark!" Velvet waves at the animal as she left causing Vark to wave his flipper goodbye.

~~~

Walking through the higher class part of pentagram city where most of the more respectable citizens of hell would shop, you come across the well liked shop; De Vil gowns.

"Welcome to De Vil gowns, how may I help you?" An overly excited gecko demon walks up to you two.

"Masquerade, any recommendations?"

"Well, we have a whole range!" She started to ramble on about things you really couldn't care about, though you did appreciate her enthusiasm, which matched Velvets when she talks about her social media.

Lazily looking around the store at different gowns; some were short some were long, all were different colours, styles and sizes, some had more than two sleeves and some had oddly shaped sleeves but none seemed right.

Your feet seemed to take you to corner, leaving the two demons to chatter. Running your hand against the plethora of fabrics you stop at a single dress. It's bodice was a lovely blue, similar coloured fabric layered over a red underdress with light red, almost orange, stripes. A single ribbon, which matched the same design as the underdress, wrapped around the waist. Your eyes trailed back to the lace sleeves, a flower pattern adorned in red.

"Oh! Don't mind those, they are out of season!" Said the gecko demon, who's name you had not learned.

"I actually quite like this one," mumbling those words you take the dress from the rack and hold it up to your body. "And it's just my size," you add, once checking the sizing on the tag.

"Are you sure? We have plenty of other dresses!" She points to an overly tulled dress, coloured solely in hot pink.

"I'm good(!)" you quipped.

~~~

After trying on the dress and finding the matching accessories, which took quite a while, you exited the shop feeling accomplished.

"Where to now?"

"Food!" The doll demon dragged you away from the high end streets to a shabby little shop. "They have the best breakfast sandwiches in hell!"

Sal's Bodega

A quaint little shop but you knew the reputation of this restaurant/grocer. However, Velvet didn't seem the mind the Armenian arm hair or the fact the cheese slices were always six months out of date... but whatever made her happy!

"Sal! Here's a tip for all the times I forgot the extra seventy five cents!" Velv places down a wad of cash which caused Sal's teeth to shine through his grin. When the breakfast sandwich was in your friends hand and not yours, because let's say it again: Armenian arm hair and six month old cheese slices, you made your way back to the studio.

~~~

Little birds of prey reference at the end for you!~

- Anna ❤️