Chapter 5 - Reasons

The hot air blasted from your hair dryer, doing as it should. You stared into your vanity, your hands moving subconsciously to style your hair how you would like it. A calming beat thumped in your chest but a thought rose up which caused the beat to pick up its rhythm.

Something about this masquerade made you nervous. You've been to it before, once, as Vox's guest but it wasn't as extravagant as this one; It was actually just a normal party but it bored you to no end. Though, now you were personally invited... but that couldn't be the cause of your nerve... no, there was something else... someone?

Who could it be? No one came into mind so you decided it was just the demon energy drink Velvet 'accidentally' gave you.

Doing your makeup to your liking you looked at the time. Just a few more minutes until the gang would pick you up. Slipping on your dress you fixed on the choker and mask before walking to your front door where the three should turn up in- the doorbell goes off. That should be them.

"And I told you not-!" Vox and Val bantered back and forth as Velvet greeted you.

"Hey, N/n,"

"Velv," you gave her a hug and caught the boys attention. "Boys,"

"Y/n!" Val gives you a smile as Vox seemed to be lost for words.

"Chop chop, we don't have all day," Velvet pokes Vox's screen causing him to shake out of his trance. "Voxy,"

"Doll," he kisses your hand and leads you to the limo. "You look wonderful,"

"You don't look too bad," his suit wasn't any different than it usually was, but you noticed he did shine his screen, as for a mask it was just a glitch he created... it was quite cool. Valentino was the same, though he did wear a mask reminiscent of his heart shaped glasses. Velvet, however, wore a longer version of her dress with a mask with a matching colour scheme.

~~~

The limo approached the large castle, what a surprise! The walls were sandstone, the gates a sterling silver. This ran all around the outside of the premises a garden surrounding the inner landscape. At the centre of the round about where the entrance was there was a large statue of an angel draped in cloth, that angel of course being Lucifer himself.

Getting out the vehicle the red velvet carpet that led to the inside of the castle extended all the way to what you presumed to be the ballroom. Guests flooded in wearing masks and ball gowns, top hats and suits; respectably of course.

Knowing the deal, you and Velvet walked in between the two males. Now that you had your own invite it was easy to get in, you even get your own announcement. Fancy much?

"Miss Y/n L/n, the Dance demon," it felt good to be announced and known, you felt higher than how you felt in your mortal life... you felt deserving.

Heads turned to you, you didn't know if it was because some may have not heard of you or it was because of the overlords by your side, or may due to how you looked? Who knew with denizens of hell?

Of course the only to catch your eye was the group that inhabited the Happy Hotel, or Hazbin? Again, who knew? Of course it wasn't hard to spot them, they were all easily discernible due to their bickering and the fact that Angel wasn't one to shy away from extravagance.

"Where to now, doll?" You all stepped down the staircase to the main part of the ballroom.

"Well, I have friends to greet, would you like to come along?" You gesture to the Hazbins.

"Of course," knowing Velvet and Val were to come along without Vox you four made your way over. "Evening," Vox was the first to greet everyone. They all spin to the Tv demon in shock.

"Hey, guys,"

"Damn, N/n," Angel engulfs you in a hug which you happily return. "You look wonderful, toots!"

"Says you!" You look to the others who all smiled at you. "You all look amazing," they all wore fancier and more formal versions of what they wore when you saw them, Husk even wore pants!

"Where is Alastor?" Vox sneers, noticing the Radio demons absence. Your heart seemed to pick up its pace, the same nervousness you felt this afternoon before the ball. Was that it?

"Mr Alastor, The Radio Demon," you all turn to the entrance which showed Alastor standing above all. His stance was confident, his smile just the same. He clutched his microphone tight as he scanned the entire room from above. His eyes glowed a subtle red behind his maroon mask, intimidating most guests until they land on you where they widen, the glow dulling.

Gracefully making his way over his shoes tapped against the marble, the chattering of now bored guests masking the tapping of his microphone, which seemed to tap to a familiar beat... something reminiscent of the 1920s.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen(!)" he then looks to the Tv demon. "And Vox," just before Vox could retaliate you grabbed his collar.

"Evening, Alastor," you grit warningly.

"Evening," Vox grumbles.

"You look wonderful, Y/n," he takes your hand and kisses it softly which causes you to blush behind the mask. With your heart skipping a few beats you realised he was the reason for your nervousness. It was his fault... fuck-

"Hell to Y/n??" You feel a gloved hand shake your shoulders.

"What-?" You see the entire group staring at you concerned. "I zoned out again didn't I?" The reason for the concern, at least for the new acquaintances, was that fact that when you zone out your eyes glow f/c and the shadow of a figure dancing reflects in your eyes.

"Just for a bit, anything worth talking about?" Velvet coos making you poke her nose in denial.

"Nothing,"

~~~

It's the overwhelming amount of ideas I'm getting for other books that I don't have enough time to write up for me

- Anna ❤️