Chapter 9 - Family portrait

"No! Fat nuggets, my little one, you must stay on my lap!" Alastor pleads. "Just one portrait, my darling," he coos to the pig who chewed at his bow tie.

"Adorable," you mumble, watching Alastor give fat nuggets a treat. "Ready?"

"Indeed," he gives a smile as you clicked your fingers so Fat Nuggets turned to you. The flash of the the old camera goes off which frightened the pig causing Alastor to put him back in his blanket. "So?"

"The cutest thing I've ever seen," you hand him the film which he awes at, placing it by other pictures you haven't had the chance to look at.

"Y/n?!" You hear Angels voice call out from the hall.

"I'm here, Angie!" The pink dotted spider busts into the room with Niffty on his back. "What-"

"Are you ok?!" Niffty leaps off Angel and onto you. "I'll kill him!" She starts to crawl over you checking for bruises and cuts and worst of all... stains!

"What is Fat Nugs doing here??" Angel snatches the pig off the ground and away from Alastor.

"For a mere portrait, my effeminate fellow," Angel raises a brow in confusion as fat nuggets struggled in his arms, trying to get into Al's.

"Are you guys ok?" Charlie walks in with concern written all over her face.

"We're fine, princess. Right, Niffty?" Niffty sighs and nods.

"What about the cut on your face?" Vaggie narrows her eyes at the dried blood. Suddenly Fat Nuggets leaps out of Angels hand and into Al's grasp.

"It'll heal but it's fine," everyone watched as Alastor calmed the pig before turning back to you.

"Wanna stay here tonight, toots?" You nod, taking Angels hand as he pries you off the floor. "Come on, Nugs,"

"I'll be fine by the morning, just a little rest is needed," Angel bends down and let's you climb onto his back. "Onwards my trusty spider!" You say through a yawn. Fat nuggets was quick to follow, trotting happily behind.

~~~

"So... you and smiles?" Looking up in the mirror to the reflection of Angel he gave a smirk.

"What do you mean 'you and smiles'?" Cautiously saying this only caused Angel to persist.

"Well for starters I've never seen you so happy dancing with someone, then the walking in the garden? How about the saving him? Oh! What about you wearing his shirt?" Looking down at said shirt you blush and turn to face Angel properly.

"Ok first off he was telling me dad jokes, the garden walk was because we were tired, saving him was because he's a friend and I'm wearing his shirt because your god damn shirts are too big for me!"

"Boo! Boring!"

"Angie, you know how I feel about relationships... especially after tonight," you added the last part quietly.

"I know you had a flashback," Angel takes your hand. "Or were you zoning out to control your anger?"

"Anger-"

"I know that's a lie, toots,"

"How do you know that it's a lie? I zone out just the same as I do when I relive memories. You've said it yourself!"

"Calm down a little, N/n," Angel moves away hair from your face and clasps your shoulders. "I'm just teasing... but you know you can talk to me anytime right?"

"Yeah, thanks, Angie,"

~~~

"So what are you going to do now, Y/n?" Looking up from your plate Charlie seems to tilt her head in concern.

"Well, I think I'll just go back to my normal routine... doubt anything will change,"

"If you ever need a place to stay, the hotel will always welcome you with open arms," you melt at her kind smile, thanking her sincerely. As breakfast continues the quiet atmosphere was disturbed by your phone ringing.

"Sorry, excuse me," standing up and leaving the dining room you pick up the call.

"Y/n?"

Hearing that voice made you zone out; the same f/c glow and figure dancing in your eyes coming back. Vox called out your name a few more times.

"Y/n?-"

Hanging up subconsciously you let out a sigh. Focusing on your breathing you look out the window at the end of the hall. The porn studio stood high and clear above all which only made you scowl. Going to resume eating your phone rings again.

"Leave me alone-"

"Is that really how you should talk to your boss?" Your face drains at the high pitched voice.

"Hey... Régine,"

"That is Madam Régine to you, young lady!" Moving the phone away from your poor ear she continues to rant. "Where are you?! Your masquerade fantasy is over! Studio now!!"

"Yes, madam," you hold back the urge to mock her.

"You have 10 minutes,"

"10?!"

"Would you like 5??"

"No! Thank you, madam," she hung up the phone without another word. Running to the dining room Angel scowled.

"Régine?" You nod making him sigh in frustration.

"I have 10 minutes to get to the studio,"

"Only?! Bullshit!"

"It's fine, I'll run to my house grab my clothes and get to the studio, love you Angie," kissing him on the cheek you wave everyone goodbye, leaving the hotel quickly.

~~~

Do you eat ice cream with or without the bone?

- Anna ❤️