Chapter 7 - Flashback

You knew who it was and god damn were you pissed. You let the champagne glass drop and shatter on the path way. Sprinting back to the palace you clutched the coat tight against yourself, you almost lost yourself in a Cinderella moment but there was a more serious matter at hand. Running past the guests who stood watching in delight at the unraveling fight you see the two imbeciles you knew to have started such a fight.

Vox and Alastor.

You could tell Alastor didn't want any trouble, rather, he kept deflecting blows thrown by Vox. Electrical wires strung about the place whipping themselves towards Alastor who dodged the occasional hit but did take quite some damage.

Dammit!

You knew he had to crack soon- finally! Alastor grabbed a wire and pulled Vox forward and onto the ground, making him skid across the marble.

"Tsk tsk such a petty fight..." The Radio demons eyes turned into radio dials as static filled the space the two overlords occupied. You knew Vox was faking being hurt; that was his one move. Suddenly Vox jumped and slashed at Alastors stomach. Blood dripped down the Deer demons abdomen, staining his already red shirt into a darker maroon.

Slowly Alastor looked from his bloodied hand which clutched his torso, the other holding him up against the floor. He seemed to contemplate his options, but there was no time for that because Vox was going to strike again and it wasn't gonna be pretty.

Dropping the coat you run in front of Vox just as he lowered his hand to dig his claws into who he presumed was going to be his rival. Feeling his claw just pierce your cheek, though most of the impact was stopped by Alastors shadow. You dropped back, just in front of Alastor who had gotten up just in time to use his powers.

~Trigger warning: depiction of abuse and use of verbal abuse up ahead~

"Look at me... LOOK AT ME!" Flinch at the volume you turn to your boyfriend and manager. "Did you see your mistake?" He growls, pointing to the taping of your latest dance rehearsal.

"Y-yeah-"

"Then tell me what it was?" The fact is you didn't know what you did wrong, you thought every move was perfect!

"My posture-"

"HA! POSTURE?! You daft slut! Let's watch it again?! Let's do that!" He played the tape through again. You watched intently at the screen in fright, hopeful to catch your mistake... but there was none. "Still no clue?? How about your pretty face?!" He played the tape again, and you saw it, your flawed makeup, your baggy eyes and bruised lips.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Didn't? That is hilarious!" He grabs your cheeks and squished them in a violent manner, nothing loving like he used to do. Then it happened, two slaps across the face. Blood rushes to your cheeks as lingering sting stayed. "Don't make that mistake again, got it?"

"Y-yes, sir,"

~End of flashback~

"Y-y/n," lowering your hand from your cheek you see the glistening red liquid lightly trace your palm. As you got up Vox tried to help only for you to push away his help. "D-doll, I wasn't- I didn't-"

"Save it," you growled.

"Y/n, baby, I-"

"I said save it!" you bark back. "Save it for someone who cares," walking to the crowd you grab Alastors coat and hand it to the Radio Demon. Yet again Alastor had a wound to his abdomen and plus one to his left leg. "Can you walk?"

"Of course," he used his microphone for support as you placed an arm on his torso.

"Let's go," Alastor did his best to stay strong and nonchalant around the other guests, you could tell by his extra bright smile. "I'll be at the hotel tonight," you mumble to Velvet who had rushed over.

"Are you going to be ok?" She starts to pat the cut on your cheek with a cloth.

"I'll be fine, Velv," Alastor took your chattering as a reason to walk away.

"Alright, keep me utd, ok?" You nod and quickly walk to Alastor who was surprisingly already half way up the stairs. (Utd means up to date)

~~~

"How did you get here?" You noticed that the others had come before him so he must have had a ride.

"I am capable of driving, you know?" Now at valet parking a small prey mantis demon rushes up and handed over a small key.

"Not in this state you're not," you take the key and followed him to a maroon 1926 Rolls Royce Silver ghost. "I'm guessing this is a manual?"

"You'd be correct," he didn't seem to care for the fact his black leather seats may be stained with his blood, though they were black so who would notice? He got settled in the passengers seat as you did in the drivers. Adjusting the sorts you start up the lively car which seemed to roar with energy. "Don't scratch her,"

"Her? Who would've thought you to be so sentimental?" You say teasingly making him scoff and lay back. "I won't hurt your precious baby," you coo only causing him to roll his eyes.

~~~

A little meme for you! ✨✨✨

It's the accordion for me

- Anna ❤️