Snapping Into Action

I waltz into the classroom, looking at the scene unfolding in front of me. Yuri sits in a chair next to MC, holding a book between them. But she wasn't focused on the story, she was gazing at MC with a panicked look on her face. Natsuki was looking out the window, holding one of her stories in her hand. She looked isolated, which looked wrong to me. She wasn't meant to be alone.

I shook my head. After today, she wouldn't have to be alone. She wouldn't be a threat either. It was a win-win situation.

A/N This next part depicts a graphic description of someone's neck snapping. Please skip the rest of this chapter unless you are okay with this.

Natsuki reads over MC's poem as I watch from the side. I've never been able to watch what happens, so this is new to me.

"Hm. Well, it's not terrible. But it's pretty disappointing after your last one," She said, looking back up at MC. "But if this was as good as your last one, I would be completely pissed."

I can't help but chuckle to myself. Natsuki's attitude has always amazed me, her ability to dismiss something so easily.

"Well, I guess I wanted to try something a bit different today," MC said. Natsuki was really intimidating, despite her small frame.

"Fair enough. You're still new to this, so I wouldn't expect you to find your style right away. I mean, everyone in this club write so differently. Maybe you can find some influence from all of us."

I was shocked, Natsuki was really taking this well.

"For instance, I noticed you were spending some time with Yuri today... Not that I care who you spend time with. After all, I was taught never to expect much from anybody. So it's not like I was waiting for you or anything."

The poor girl, I thought. She was left all alone, and now MC is acting like nothing even happened.

"Still, maybe you should look over my poem. You might be able to learn something from it."

Natsuki handed MC her poem. I could see what it said, but I was confused. It was all written in Base36 code. Even I couldn't read that.

The music suddenly changed to  Natsuki's version of "Okay, Everyone" like normal, but it didn't change back when MC put down her poem.

"MC..."

Maybe this wasn't going as well as I thought.

"Why didn't you come read with me today? I was waiting for you. I was waiting for a long time. It was the only thing I had to look forward to today. Why did you ruin it? Do you like Yuri more? I think you're better off not associating with her. Are you listening to me?"

The music slowed down and the screen darkened. A creepy smile spread across Natsuki's face.

"Yuri is a sick freak. That should be obvious by now."

I could hear the slight sound of cymbals clanging in the background, growing louder, closer. Natsuki's face slowly became whited out, her mouth disappearing, black pixels growing over her eyes.

"Just play with me instead, okay? You don't hate me MC, do you? Do you hate me? Do you want to make me go home crying? The club is the only place I feel safe, don't ruin that for me. Don't ruin it."

Red tear tracks traced down her face, as though she was crying blood.

"Please. Just stop talking to Yuri. Play with me instead. It's all I have. Play with me."

A wide grin spread over her face.

"PLAY WITH ME!" She screamed.

With a sickening crack, her head was jolsted to the side, her neck bent on a 90 degree angle. She ran towards MC in this horrible new form, only being stopped by the backwards end sign that appeared on screen. For some reason, I thought that if the end hadn't come up, she would have stopped at nothing to kill MC.

I was shocked, revulted. I did that. 

And I didn't want to do it again.

A/N. I bet you liked my pun back there, snapping into action. I'm sorry, I had to. Sorry this took so long, I have been working on another project.