A zero-G flight and a new crew member

You are getting ready for your last parabolic flight before you leave for the Johnson space centre. You are trying to get some last-minute training done in the free flight area. You are joined by fellow astronauts Thomas Pesquet and Olivia Borman. You can feel the plane pull up.

"Injection," The pilot calls out over the PA system. You can feel the weight dissipate off your body. You get to work on making sure that you can do some tasks with the bulky EMU suit gloves. It is a tedious process but you are able to get it done before the angle callouts begin. The three of you manage to push yourselves to the floor.

"Tom when the next parabola stars can you make sure I have done the task properly?" You ask. You know it may be a good idea to make sure you have done it properly.

"I can," Thomas responds. You can tell that he is impressed that you asked him. You can feel the plane level out. Thomas uses the opportunity to check your work. He is quick about it. He sits back down and writes some notes. You get the feeling that the notes will mostly be good.

"Did Annie do a good job?" Olivia asks. A fair question.

"The only comment I have is the fact that I am impressed that you were able to do it within twenty seconds," Thomas replies. It's a good sign that you are impressing the instructor.

"Pull up," The pilot announces. You all brace for the Gs again. It's a good thing that you know the routine off by heart.

"Looks like it's my turn," Olivia remarks. You hope she can do better than you. You are enjoying yourself because whilst Olivia is doing her parts of the training you have the opportunity to watch all of the different experiments. The weight disappears from you again and Olivia gets to work. She is trying her best but she can't seem to get the pieces together. The angle callouts soon begin. You push yourself to the ground in time but there is a loud thud as Olivia hits the floor. She is a bit disgruntled but she seems to be ok.

"Are you alright Olivia?" Thomas asks. He has beaten you to it. There has been a lot of checking on each other.

"I will be fine," Olivia responds. The plane soon levels out again. It's time for a ten-minute break. You, Olivia and Thomas start gathering the stuff that you were working on so you don't clutter the area for the next lot of people. The good thing is the team didn't take much equipment. You take some of the stuff to the back of the plane. You stack the stuff in the overhead storage. You take a seat next Olivia who is starting to look unwell.

"Olivia are you alright?" Hopefully, this isn't a sign of space sickness.

"Yeah I'll be fine in a few minutes," She replies. You know she is right because she is cheerful with her response. Thomas soon joins you. He mutters some things in French. You assume it has something to do with your training. You start to chat with the person in front of you. He is a scientist who is messing around with fluids. You are amazed at some of the things that he has come up with.

"And that's why I'm on the plane. How about you?" He turns his attention to you.

"I am doing some last-minute Zero-G training for ESA," You respond. His face brightens at the fact that he is talking to an astronaut.

"Excuse me for a second," the man gets up and he is met by some of his fellow scientists. You decide to eavesdrop on their conversation. They are trying to work out whether or not they should invite you to help. You wouldn't mind. It would give you something to do.

"Hey, Thomas do you think I could help them?" You ask. You also discreetly point to the group.

"If they let you," Thomas responds as the man turns his attention back to you.