Some press and medical stuff

It has been a day since the spacewalk and you are double checking one of the experiments. You type some notes on the tablet. You are impressed at the progress that the experiment has made. You double-check the notes. It's a good thing that they make sense. Your thoughts are interrupted by a gentle pat on the shoulder. It's Olivia.

"How are the herbs looking?" Olivia asks.

"Like we could use them for food," You respond. It's a pity that you won't be able to eat them unless you get permission.

"Anyway we have to get ready for the press event," Olivia reminds you.

"Thank you for letting me know," You reply. You were so caught up in the morning chores you forgot about it. You quickly wrap up what you were doing. You place the tablet back where you found it. You join Olivia in the press area. She passes the camera to you so you can set it up. It doesn't take you long to get it ready.

"Have you got the mic ready?" You double-check. Olivia double checks and she gives you an enthusiastic nod. Now you have to wait for the voice check call out. It's a good thing that you have done the morning chores.

"This is the Washington Post calling for a voice check. How do you hear me?" You didn't have to wait long. Olivia passes the microphone to you.

"Welcome aboard. We read you loud and clear," You give the standard response.

"Thank you. First of all, I would like you to tell us why one of the Russian Cosmonauts joined you and Olivia on your spacewalk?" You can tell that the interviewer is excited to be talking to you and Olivia.

"It was because a piece of space junk damaged my helmet's visor and the ground crew weren't sure if the rest of my suit was damaged so they sent our Russian crewmate Ivan Vagner out just in case," Hopefully you've given him a good enough.

"Olivia, what was it like out there for you when Annie got hit by the space junk?" The interviewer changes the focus. You quickly push the microphone to Olivia.

"To be honest all I did was throw her some duct tape that we were using to conduct repairs and then I got back to work because I knew it wasn't a life or death situation otherwise Annie would have spoken up," She responds. She is right because it was only the visor that was damaged. It makes you smile at the fact that Olivia can tell when you are in trouble.

"I would now like to ask how was the SpaceX crew dragon like as a spacecraft?" Olivia passes you the microphone.

"It was much better than the Soyuz but I have only ever trained on the Soyuz because NASA moved away from the Soyuz but to answer your question it is like going from a really dodgy sixties car and upgrading to something modern," You explain. Hopefully, it makes sense. Fifteen minutes later the interview has wrapped up. You are glad that it is done because you always feel that you over-explain things in the interviews. Your thoughts are interrupted by a low growl. Olivia gives you an embarrassed look.

"I'll make lunch if you want," You offer. It's a good thing that you are a little hungry as well. You pull yourself towards the food storage area. You and Olivia are joined by Thomas.

"I might as well cook for you as well Thomas," You are impressed that you have all gone to the same storage area for your food.

"Sure," Thomas replies. You can tell that he is unsure of your offer. After a minute of intense looking, you have all found the food that you want.

"Do you mind yours at room temp Tom?" You ask so you know whether or not you should put his food in the food warmer. He shakes his head. You pass him the packet of food as you place Olivia's in the food warmer.

"Annie I double-checked the damage to the helmet's visor and it will be easy to fix with some resin," Thomas fills you in. You nod. At least it's an easy fix. You double-check Olivia's food for her.

"I think this should do it," You announce as you pass her the food. You all rip into the packets.

"Thank you, Annie," Thomas says between mouthfuls.

"Don't worry about it," You respond. You start thinking about the afternoon chores that you have to do. It's mostly health checks that will be conducted by Artmei and Daniel. Everyone soon finishes the food and you have decided to check on some of the fluid experiments. You pull yourself towards the Kibo module.

"Sorry Annie," Akira remarks as he almost collides with you.

"It's ok," You respond. You start looking for one of the experiment racks.

"If you are looking for the fluid stuff it's on the roof," Akira lets you know.

"Thank you," At least it should be easy to access. You find the rack you are looking for. You make sure that you type some notes. Ten minutes later you have made it to the Russian segment. You are greeted by Daniel.

"Are you ready for some of the tests?" Daniel asks. You nod because there is not much you can do. Daniel gestures for you to hold out your arm. You can feel the sharp pain of a needle breaking through your skin. You wince.

"Sorry," Daniel apologises for some reason.

"It's ok," You respond as he carefully takes the needle out. He tapes a cotton ball over the wound. Artemi gets stuff for the eye tests. After ten minutes of testing, you have finished. It's a good thing that the testing wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be.

"Thank you Artemi," You remark as he pulls you up.

"Glad I could help," Artemi responds with a smile. You start thinking about the last major chore that you have to do and it's training with Thomas. You seem to have a lot of things to do with Thomas but it doesn't matter because you enjoy working with him anyway. That and you are a part of the same agency. It puts a smile on your face thinking about how your dream has come true.