4

After hearing the instructions from your teacher, the two of you immediately proceed to your work so you can finally go home and rest.

Earlier, upon entering the library and closing the door, you saw numerous piles of books on top of each other on the long table in the center of the room. There are no more students or teachers inside as it is already late and all the students probably have gone home aside from those who have club activities and the librarian seems to be out currently. When you first entered the room, the teacher that called the two of you was nowhere to be seen but you both know, without verbally communicating with each other, that it is rude to just get out and forget this whole ordeal so you decided to wait.

You watched as the blond walked towards the table and opened a certain book. Having nothing to do, you followed him and grabbed your own book to read while waiting for the teacher. You slightly glanced at Yamaguchi's and upon seeing and reading the cover of the book he's holding, you mentally noted to yourself the fact that this boy who is known for his not-really-good personality actually wants to be a compassionate person who is willing to help and cure others. You know that it is not accurate to solely guess a person's dream profession just by the book they are reading, but thinking about it now, it is not the first time you've seen the blond reading about medicine and taking an interest in topics about it so your brain just kinda dwelled on that fact.

"Dreaming to be a doctor?" was what you would have said that time if not for the reality that your companion right now would surely taunt you just by asking and will answer you with a whole insult like "Do you know the job 'minding your own business'? You should dream about it." or just straight back ignoring your existence.

After some time, one of the doors inside the library suddenly opened, revealing your teacher with more piles of books in her hands. Seeing that Yamaguchi was just standing still, the book remained in his hand and just looking at the struggling woman by the door, you put down the book you were holding and hastily walked towards your poor teacher who was clearly tired, having visible few sweats on her forehead. You pushed down a sigh and internally facepalmed because a certain someone did not even need to act like a gentleman while having two feminine presences in the room with the other one older than him and definitely needed a hand.

Yeah, so much for a doctor.

Your homeroom teacher, Ms. Minari, gave her thanks while putting the books that she held on one of the chairs near the table. Upon finishing the task, the woman released a big sigh and attempted to wipe her sweat with her sleeves when a handkerchief suddenly appeared in her vision. She looked at the handkerchief and blinked when she followed the hand that was holding it. Even you took a moment to comprehend what was happening when you realized that the arrogant blond just performed a kind gesture.

"Ah, thank you Yamaguchi-san." The teacher said after accepting the handkerchief and smiling at the both of you. "I'm glad you're both here today."

"What do we need to do, sensei?" Yamaguchi replied, going straight to the situation at hand.

"About that, the faculty brought us new books for the library. As you can see there's a new shelf placed over there and we need to put these books and arrange them according to their genres."

You nodded, understanding the circumstances. It is not new that the school is really helping and encouraging its students to study, especially since midterms are already around the corner.

"It seems like an easy task and I thought at first I could handle it by myself but I didn't expect this amount of books that were delivered." Your teacher sheepishly admitted while rubbing her hand to her neck. "The task should be finished today because there are visitors coming tomorrow. We should start already so you can return home quickly." Ms. Minari finished with a smile and the three of you proceeded to do the chore.