Distraction. (Angst/fluff)

(Quick note: this book is being rewritten I'm going to post each chapter when I'm done rewriting it, although it might take a while as I'm working on other books. I'm going to edit this first chapter then do the rest. It may take a bit as I'm rewriting every chapter.)

Michael despises being alone, being alone means he's left with his thoughts. And god are they terrible. He would usually have Jeremy here, after all they are roommates. He was out busy with school. Just distract yourself? What's here..Uh that old box under your bed you haven't touched and never opened? Good idea.. He pulled the heavy box out from under his bed. He opened it up and the picture frame that was at the top made him take in a sharp breath. His brother and him side by side..smiling.

Why couldn't they have been a happy family? Why did everyone have to die? Michael immediately regretted pulling the box out. He put the picture frame back and closed the box and pushed it back under the bed. Ok ..ok new distraction.. he grabbed the first book on his bookshelf, he didn't bother looking at the cover. Chapter 1: how to catch a killer. Ok what the hell? He put the book down. Why did he murder those children? They were innocent..they had dreams and life's ahead of them. He tore it away from them. Michael was taken from his thoughts from a ringing phone.

"Hello? Hello? I'm on my way home, I have to drive love you bye." Wait what? Did he just say he loves me? What? He must mean it platonically..what if he meant it non-platonically though? I can't deal with this right now I'll just..take a nap.

It was dark. Michael couldn't see anything, he heard faint whispers but couldn't make out what they were saying. The whispers got louder until they were close to his ears and he heard them clearly . "Why couldn't you save us? You Let us die Michael, your a murderer just like him!" He could see in front of him, His brother stood there blood dripping down his head. He was crying. "Why didn't you save me brother?" Michael shot up and his eyes snapped open. His breaths were ragged and fast.

He heard the front door open and immediately tried to get himself together before going out to greet his roommate. He slowly got up and slowed down his breathing. "Hey." He greeted Jeremy. "Hi." Jeremy looked up and his eyes took on a look of mild concern. "Have you gotten enough sleep lately?" Michael averted his eyes, "Yea." Jeremy sighed. "Are you having nightmares again?" Michael looked down feeling guilty, "No I'm not I-I'm better now."