The New Spell

Taste my Pain
Chapter 33

"Answer my call... Pierce through the darkness.
Each piece of my soul shall be a blade,
Come to my beckoning -
Come to your mistress's call,
Hear my Pain - Taste it,
Carve the enemy and shatter them -"

While Lucy chanted, more magic circles began to open around her, where slowly, tips of countless blades began to emerge from them. As she continued, she slipped her bracelet off her wrist while everyone was stunned to see so many circles being opened all at once. Slipping the bracelet onto her belt, she resumed on focusing as much of her energy on this one new spell that she thought of.

"What's going on, Master?" Levy questioned as she gripped onto Gajeel's shirt.
Makarov frowning and placing his hands behind his back, he continued watching Lucy with his stern face as he didn't know what outcome will come from this. "We're about to see a new spell being born into this world," he answered where everyone all looked at him in confusion. "A new spell? As in..." Wendy stopped when she watched a large corresponding circle appear in front of Lucy as her katana shattered into glistening particles.

Mavis stood up and looked up to the many circles in the sky. "She's using an Advanced Personal Spell. Something only powerful wizards can do once in a decade throughout their lives..." she explained. "This spell shall be something new to the world. Only one mage can perform it, but before long, it'll be passed on like any other forms of magic. But there's a condition when using an Advanced Personal Spell... A lot of magic must be used in order to perform it, and not only that, there's a high risk on it backfiring on its creator," Mavis added in, making Fairy Tail quite worried for the blonde below.

"- Waltz..." Lucy cried out where the ground below her shattered to reveal a circle of blades surrounding Lucy where all blades began to waltz in the air. Her eyes closed shut where she was keeping them closed by squeezing them, she began to draw an unknown flower design on the magic circle where the blades slowly increased its waltzing pace.

Natsu not liking the view that he was seeing, he quickly ran towards Lucy. "Fire Dragon's Brilliant Flame!" he roared where blades came shooting down, slicing and cutting away the flames.

The blonde slowly opening her eyes, she lifted her right hand with the circle in front of her following. With one swift jump and gliding her right arm down to slam the circle in the centre of the circle of blades, she gave out one final call.

"Dance of the Warrior's Blade!"

Like that, the blades all stopped its waltz to snap its tip down to all three of her opponents where immediately, they went shooting down to them. "Ice-Make: Unlimited: One Sided Chaotic Dance!" Gray yelled as he used an offence spell around his team and himself to protect them from the shooting blades. Gritting his teeth, he tried to fend them as much as possible.

Lucy smirking, she watched her blades chip away his ice where it soon shattered, piercing them all. The circle of blades vanishing, her katana returned in front of her where she grabbed hold of it coolly.

"We're not going to..." She stopped midway to see the mist vanishing to reveal Erza and Gray on the ground with heavy injuries, but in between the two was a large ice cocoon. The ice breaking apart, Natsu came breaking through where he slapped away the katana from Lucy's hand. Quickly, he punched Lucy in the stomach where she weakly snarled at him.

"That fucking hurts," she cussed, pulling her balled fist back to return a punch to his stomach before elbowing his back to the ground. Jumping back, she felt something at the back of her heel where she turned. In front of her were Sting and Rogue knocked out on the ground cold. "How?"
She thought back to how the two of them were already weak while defending both themselves and her. Realising that they must have fallen while she was busy chanting, she thanked them before turning back to Natsu who was getting up.