FAQs & Recap: What happened in Book 1

I know some of you don't remember what happened in the first book so let me sum it up for you :)

Hybrids were created by humans about 50 years ago and were then classified into three different types. Code GREENs are the obedient hybrids, Code YELLOWs are the mildly disobedient hybridw and Code REDs are the disobedient hybrids who always have electric collars around their necks. Hybrids are either stronger and smarter than humans, or weaker and- well, not dumber, but less intellectually capable than humans. Also, hybrids don't live long.

Min Hanseol works for the Hybrids' Rights Corporation (founded by Kim Namjoon) and she adopts a Code RED hybrid as a part of her project to prove that Code REDs are only a product of humans mistreatment towards them and that the whole classification thing is stupid (more info about the classification system at the end of this chapter). She adopts Taehyung, a dog hybrid (german shepherd).

Other characters:

-Min Yoongi: Hanseol's brother, roommates with Seokjin
-Seokjin: Hanseol's friend, a Code GREEN dog hybrid
-Park Jimin: Hanseol's neighbour and close friend
-Jungkook: Jimin's Code GREEN bunny hybrid
-Jung Hoseok: Receptionist at the Code RED Shelter that Hanseol adopted Taehyung from

Ch1-Ch10 Recap

The book starts with Hanseol adopting Taehyung and removing his electric collar once they get home from the shelter. Taehyung attacks her and almost attacks Jimin until Hanseol forces the collar on him again. He's rude to her for a while, attacks a man on the streets once but as time passes they become closer. In Ch10 Seokjin visits and he and Taehyung have some staring contest that Hanseol finds off but shrugs it off later.

Ch11-Ch20 Recap

Taehyung promises Hanseol to not attack anyone and so she removes his collar, and he keeps his promise. They go on a beach trip and bond a little, though the trip ends up with a small fight where Taehyung hurts Hanseol, she calls him a monster, and he reminds her of the fact that he can kill her if he ever feels like it. After they're back from the trip, Taehyung buys her ice cream as an apology and they're back to normal, yet a question keeps on bugging Hanseol: if he could leave the house so easily, why didn't he run away? Why did he come back?

Ch21-Ch30 Recap

Taehyung and Hanseol grow noticeably closer with Hanseol catching feelings for him but she doesn't tell anyone. Jimin leaves the city for a family reunion and leaves Jungkook alone in the apartment, who ends up in Hanseol's apartment and more specifically, on Taehyung's lap. Despite their contrasting personalities, Jungkook and Taehyung become friends almost instantly and end up sleeping in the same bed. (Not that way you dirty little shits). On Christmas, Jimin calls Hanseol and he sounds quite concerned about Jungkook falling ill, and they figure it's because Jungkook is growing and hybrids' life expectancy is relatively short compared to humans'. In the last chapter, it is revealed that the the Code REDs escaped the shelter, and killed the whole staff except the receptionist, Hoseok, who's no where to be found.

FAQ

-Can Code:REDs control themselves?

-Yes, they can control themselves as much as anyone else. They just choose to be disobedient.

-Is Seokjin actually a dog hybrid?

-You'll find out ;)

-How long do hybrids live?

-Bunny hybrids live 20-25 years, dog hybrids live 25-30 years and cat hybrids may live up to 45 years.

-How are the hybirds classified?

-In order for a hybrid to be classified as a Code:RED, they hybrid must commit at least one crime. Attacking a human is considered a crime even if it's self defense. Code:GREENs have never committed any crimes and are totally obedient while Code:YELLOWs don't commit crimes but may verbally disobey humans.

These are some frequently asked questions. If you have any more questions about anything don't hesitate to ask me in the comments :3

Enjoy!