#2

li

li.dunbars: so i got these for free

no_hollow, hoerey, and 394 other people liked your post

comments:

colorful.mase: wat

hoerey: who's giving you free food?

isaid_eightpacks: making friends now liam?

li.dunbars: @isaid_eightpacks i always make friends @hoerey i got these out of a bargain

•••

It's been two weeks since he moved when Liam decided to do what he did.

He hadn't planned it of course, he initially went around familiarizing the place when he passed by and saw Theo in his uniform. Then an idea formed in his head.

"Hey Theo."

"Liam?" Came Theo's groggy voice, probably from sleep. Liam checked his clock.

'It's early in the evening and he's already sleeping?'

"Yeah, I just wanna ask, which places do you work?"

He heard blankets shuffling from the other end. "That's what you're calling me for?"

"Uh, yeah."

"... Why?"

Liam pursed his lips. "Just curious."

"Can't we just talk about this tomorrow?"

"It'll be quick, I promise."

There was shuffling again. "Other than the moving express, I work in a coffee shop."

"When and where?"

He hears Theo's ghostly laugh. "I thought this is gonna be quick?"

Liam grunts, feeling a bit embarrassed. "It will be if you could just answer my question."

Theo's laugh isn't so ghostly anymore. A kind of laugh that he could get used to.

"I usually work on Mondays and Fridays. As for the coffee shop, It's right around the street of my campus. You can easily see it since it's the only cafe around. I work there on weekdays."

Liam scrambled to take note about those details. "Okay, good. Thanks."

"Liam–"

He didn't miss another beat when he finished the call.

     "Do you really want to see my face that much, Dunbar?"

Liam looked up from where he sat to see Theo putting down his order with a smirk on his face. He twitched his nose but not in distaste.

"What if I just came here for a break?"

Theo looked at his watch before sitting down across him, the smirk still there.

"Need a break from what?"

Liam shrugged. "Being holed up in my apartment with mostly nothing to do."

"Is that why you've been following me for the past week now, sitting in the same table?"

"... Yes."

Theo raised an eyebrow, his face speaking outward amusement. Liam averted his eyes on the mug of hot chocolate on the table.

"Is this where you learned how to make that?"

Theo hummed. "It became a habit."

Liam nodded, mentally facepalming at himself how he couldn't even say why he did this in the first place.

Theo shifted in his seat.

"Are we gonna pretend the wave of awkwardness didn't just pass by us?"

Liam huffs a laugh, now making eye contact to the other, both have small smiles on their faces.

"Wanna hang out?"

Theo snorts. "That's it?"

Liam narrowed his eyes at him, embarrassment rising in him. "Sorry if I was concerned about your work schedule."

'Or the fact that I thought you were avoiding me.' He voiced in his head. He felt his wolf squirm at the thought.

Theo shook his head. "You could've just told me instead of having to do this for a week."

Liam bounced his leg. "I don't know, I mean I get to go somewhere instead of just staying at home." Then he bit the inside of his cheek. "So is that a yes?"

Theo looked at his watch again (and Liam had to stomp down the thoughts of how the chimera looked unfairly attractive even though he's only looking at the time).

"... I finish at five. You want to wait for an hour?"

Liam picked up his mug and sipped, hiding the smile of accomplishment behind it. "I got nothing else to do."