Attack

"Peeee-pipipipi-eeeeee-amo seeba." The creature was almost innocent in the way it babbled. Nick couldn't see it, he was behind four others, all armed to shoot that thing to oblivion.
The first shooter spun around the corner, he could see it from where he stood. Nicholas saw how the man froze, his face paling as he slowly looked up. Why was he looking up? Is it on the wall?

The second man came barrelling in, cocking his pistol before he locked up as well. "Jesus Christ." The third peeked around the corner, giving a very effeminate scream.
"What? What is it!?" The one behind him cried out, shaking in front of Nick.

Suddenly, the first man turned to run as the second dove to the side. A much larger-than-before tentacle lashed out, wrapping around the poor man's waist and yanking him backwards like a ragdoll. The bloodcurdling scream lasted only a second until it cut off with a dull crack. The team was already backing up, two of them yelling incoherently as the rest took the hint. Adam grabbed Nicholas's shirt and tugged him backwards, towards the elevator. Vicki was already at the controls, shaking as she held the door open, crying in terror. Nick made the mistake of stumbling, tripping up as Adam almost went down with him.

He spun around, crawling backwards as he looked back.
A set of yellow eyes peered around the corner, much bigger than before. From what he could see, it was half the size of a human. Those eyes… were not as dull as before. Intelligence gleamed in their depths, flickering as they met his gaze.
"Dey ya." It called out, tendrils sliding across the floor towards him.

Nick almost froze up right then and there, but then he caught the eye of someone hiding beneath a desk, trembling violently.
Something in him snapped, and he snatched a dropped gun behind him and fired off three good shots at the approaching appendages. The beast immediately recoiled violently with a muted hiss. He took his chance and scrambled to his feet, running and diving into the elevator, ramming painfully into the wall.

The doors began shutting, and he saw it focus on him as it pressed into the opposite wall, revealing it's full grotesque body. It was silent as one of it's crocodilian maws opened.
A freakishly human shriek rang from it, echoing as the doors closed, on and on.

It's as big as a man. Was all he could think.
It's going to kill us.

. • °. • °. • °. • °. • °. • °. • °

It whimpered miserably as it licked the holes, trembling in pain. One of it's mouths gnawed on the fresh meat fretfully. It hurt.
Why did it hurt?
It was scared. It was hurt.
Trapped.
It was trapped in here.
No no no scared.
It didn't like it here.
They came in and hurt it.

A body crunched as an arm vanished into one of it's throats. It stared at the vent cover again.
A torso squelched in one of it's many jaws.
It was going to eat first.
Something shuddered near the place they came from.
There was a living thing in here with it.