Goodbye

"I still can't believe it's real!" I tell my mother as she hugs me goodbye.

"I'm going to Hogwarts!"
"You've said that at least a dozen times on the way here." My mother says in a playful tone.

"Because I can't believe it! I got a Hogwarts letter! It's all real mom. Witches and wizards and magic!"

My mom snorted. "Calm down or you're going to miss your train."

"Right, I'm going on the Hogwarts express!"

My mom pulled me in another bone-crushing hug.

"I'm going to miss you." She whispered in my ear.

"Me too." I whispered back.

Me and my mom have been close since I can remember. Not a mother-daughter kind of close, but a best friend kind of close. We have always been there for each other. It's going to be hard not having her around, but thinking about her at home all alone is even worse.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" I ask her.

"Because if not I can send a letter right back to Hogwarts saying I'm not going."

She takes a step back, puts her hands on my shoulder, looks me in the eye and says.                         

"If you do that because of me I won't ever forgive myself for letting you pass such an opportunity."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

She hugs me once more and I can't stop myself from crying.

"Go now, or you're going to miss your train."

I lift my trunk and backpack.

"Are you sure that thing is going to make it there?"

She questioned while looking at my old trunk.

"The lady who worked at the vintage shop said it would."

She hugged me and I smelled the shampoo from her dark curls one last time.

"Mom I've gotta go."

"Right."

She kissed my forehead and waved as I stepped onto the train.

"Call me every night okay."

She said.

"I will!"

I'm sorry this chapter is so short, the next one is a bit longer.