The sorting ceremony

Leo looked at me worriedly, walked to the stool and put the hat on top of his dark-brown hair.

"Gryffindor!"

The Gryffindor table started applauding as Leo walked there and high-fived a few students.

"Cauldwell, Ellis!"

A boy with beautiful strawberry blonde hair sat on the stool. The hat hesitated before yelling.

"Slytherin!"

The Slytherin table cheered.

"Coote, David!"

"Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table clapped as he joined them.

"Corner, Ethan!"

I knew that name!

"Ravenclaw!" The Ravenclaw table applauded as their first Ravenclaw joined them.

"Corner, Olivia!"
A girl with the same dark hair as the last boy came up.

"Gryffindor!"

It went on like that for a couple minutes, the hat yelling Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. I recognized a few last names but no one too important, until McGonagall called.

"Longbottom, Flora!"

The girl who joined us at the station walked to the stool, looking rather tense.

"Gryffindor!" The Gryffindor table cheered and her father looked very proud.

"Malfoy, Aries!"

Everyone went silent but Aries didn't seem to care. She sat on the stool looking joyful. 15 seconds passed, then 30 more, nearly a minute had passed before the hat yelled

"Gryffindor!"

Everyone was shocked, especially the Slytherin table, but Aries looked pleased as she skipped her way to the Gryffindor table and sat down.

A few more people were sorted, and I got more anxious by the minute.

"Smith, Emilia!"

Emmie walked to the stool calmly and put on the hat.

"Hufflepuff!"

The Hufflepuff table clapped and Emmie smiled from ear to ear.

"Taylor, Kacelah!"

I froze and looked at all the people in the hall, Emmie gave me two thumbs up. I took a deep breath and walked to the stool, sat down and put on the hat.

"Interesting..." The hat told me.

"Wh-what's interesting?"

"Gryffindor!"

I removed the hat as the Gryffindor table cheered, I walked over there and took a seat next to Leo and Aries.

"I'm glad you're with me!" Leo said.

"I don't know if I could take another second with this one." He said pointing at Aries.

"Oh, shut up." Aries answered, rolling her eyes.

"So, how did you do it?" A short-haired girl asked.

"How did I do what?" Aries answered.

"Get the hat to put you in Gryffindor?"

"A lot of begging." She answered laughing.

"I'm Julia. Julia Wood." The girl said, extending her hand.

"Aries." Aries said, shaking Julia's hand.

"So your father i-" I said.

"Oliver Wood, yes."

"Cool."

McGonagall stated a few rules before saying.

"Well, let's eat!"

The dishes filled themselves with the most mouthwatering food I had ever seen. Piles of buttered rolls, steak, gravy, mashed potato, bacon and much more.

I put roast beef, mashed potato, carrots, rice, bacon and gravy on my plate. I looked beside me and saw that Aries' plate only had a few french fries. She noticed me looking and said.

"I'm not very hungry."

"Yeah." I answered.

A handsome boy came up to us and said.

"I'm sending father an owl!"

"Ooh...My father will hear about this! Father's classic line." Aries answered.

I'm guessing that he is Scorpius.

"Well, go ahead and send him that owl. Tell mother to film his reaction, I'm dying to see that!" Aries added.

He turned to leave but then saw Aries' plate, looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"I-I promise I will eat more." She said nervously.

He sighted before going back to the Slytherin table.

Aries added a couple green peas to her plate.

"So, that's Scorpius." Leo commented.

"Yes." Aries answered coldly.

"He's cute." I said a bit louder than I intended.

Leo smiled at me, as if he agreed. Aries chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"Scorpius is a brat!" She said laughing.

"A cute brat."

"He doesn't look like the one in the play."

"What do you mean?" Aries asked.

"Well, the Scorpius in the play is a lot less attractive."

"I hate the cursed child."

"Why?"

"Besides it being inaccurate, they had the audacity of not putting me in it."

We all laughed, except Aries.

"What, I'm serious."

"Sirius Black." She added quietly.

"Okay. This is your fourth reference today."

"I'm sorry, I just-I just- I have to." She said laughing.