two

(This chapter is based off the cover of the book  ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kakyoin rubbed the back of his neck, a sigh escaping his lips. His face hurt like hell and there was a tissue pressed against his nose where the bleeding had started.

Worst of all, he had lost his right earring. He looked everywhere in the gym for it, but it was gone.

He was so stressed out about it.

The redhead then stopped by a window on the second floor. It was already 3 in the afternoon and the skies looked slightly orange.

Most of the students have left while some stayed for club activities or to hang around since the school closed at 5.

The boy cautiously moved the tissue away from his nose, finally being able to breathe.

Surprisingly, the bleeding had stopped. A wave of relief went though him but now he had to look for his earring.

It was special to him since his mother had given the pair of earrings to him.

It was the only thing that kept him going.

The only thing that made him feel a bit special since his mother understood his love for cherries.

Kakyoin let out a long sigh, closing his eyes against the open window.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, he felt something bang beside him.

Kakyoin's eyes jolted open as he looked above him.

Towering over him was Jotaro. The kid who sat behind him.

The young redhead inhaled in nervousness. Jotaro's foot was on the wall and one hand was in his pocket while the other held onto a cigarette.

Nobody else was there.

Just Jotaro and Kakyoin.

"Um.. you're Jotaro, right?" Kakyoin awkwardly smiled.

"Yeah." Jotaro spoke.

The boy's voice was astonishingly deep and intimidating.

It scared Kakyoin to death, honestly.

The two stared at each other, Jotaro's eyes scanning Kakyoin. Jotaro then spotted it. It truly was Kakyoin's earring since there wasn't an earring on his right ear.

The tall male then reached out into his pocket, taking the earring out while inhaling a puff of smoke.

Jotaro turned his head and exhaled, making sure the smoke doesn't get into Kakyoin's face.

"You dropped this." Jotaro nonchalantly said, placing the earring into Kakyoin's hand, making the boy light up in delight.

"Wha- where'd you find this?" Kakyoin brightly smiled.

"On the gym floor during dodgeball. It came off your ear when you got hit." Jotaro spoke.

"Thank you so much. This earring means a lot to me." Kakyoin beamed.

"Good grief." Jotaro put his leg down and turned away, taking another puff of his cigarette.

"See you." The tall boy said, walking off.

"Bye." Kakyoin slightly waved.

The redhead then clipped his earring back onto his ear, happily grabbing his bag and walking off as well.

His mood was better and it certainly made him feel like this school was better than the last.

The walk home was quite pleasant too.