Nathan

"The fuck were you thinking?" Hawk yells, cuffing me upside the head.

"Shit," I say rubbing the spot where he slapped me, completely ignoring his question.

"You could have blown the entire mission!" He shouts. Only Hawk can get away with speaking to me like that, but if he doesn't reel it in soon I'm going to have to put him in his place.

"The mission was already blown. I'd been going there three nights a week for three weeks and I didn't see shit. I was getting ready to leave when I saw her."

That was a blatant lie. I'd been there less than ten minutes before that brunette bombshell, whose name I still don't know, caught my eye and completely distracted me from my mission.

"You gave her your real name, Blade," he says, calling me by my road name. "And the card to the only legit business we own."

"It's been over a week," I say. I had to try hard to keep the disappointment out of my voice. "If she hasn't called by now she won't."

"Yes you still haven't touched Rain."

"I haven't touched her since Jenny died."

"You looking for an old lady?" He asks, eyes pulling up in surprise.

"Fuck no," I reply instantly. "Besides, she's not cut out for club life." I said the words, but only half of it was true. She definitely wasn't cut out for club life but she was still old lady material. Wife material.

Fuck. I'd always thought my dad was full of shit. That bikers were built different. We'd fuck anyone we wanted but as soon as we found "the one" we straightened out and never looked at another woman again. I'd always called bull shit.

Fuck if the old man hadn't been right.

I could talk to him about this. But then he'd tell mom. And then everyone would know.

"She fucked you in the bathroom of a club without knowing your name. Seems like she'd fit in just fine."

I nearly spit out my beer at his words. "Nah," I say again. "She's different. I can't explain it."

Hawk just shrugs. Hell will freeze over before he takes an old lady so he doesn't understand what I'm thinking.

I don't know what it is about her. But she's it. She's the one that made me never want to be with another woman again. As I'd watched her on the dance floor it was like she was dancing her troubles away. Her eyes had been closed and she'd been too wrapped up in the music to notice me staring. Or any of the other men in the club that had also been staring. Her friend had caught me though, given me away. I could tell she liked what she saw so I went for it.

I should have gotten her number too.

"We need to bring this to church." He's not talking about the fucking in the club but about how we wasted nearly a month chasing a dead end. We were know closer to finding out what really happened to Jenny.

"I know that," I snap at him, glaring at him. He raises his hands, admitting defeat. "Thirty minutes," I say, downing the rest of my beer. "Get the guys here."

Standing I walk to my office. Frustratedly I run my hands through my hair. My sister's death should have already been avenged. The longer she went without it worse of a brother I felt like. She didn't deserve to die like that. I couldn't bring her back, but I could make whoever did it pay.

Obsessively I check my phone, waiting, hoping for an unknown number to pop up and be her.

Thirty minutes ticked by. My guys would be ashamed if they knew how often I was glancing at my phone screen.