Rachel

"So?" Jamie says before I can even fully take my seat. Annie backhands her gently on her arm in warning.

"It was fine," I say, noncommittally, desperately trying to keep my voice from betraying me.

When I'd woken up for the second time, alone, Nathan was long gone. My body was sore in the most delicious places. It'd taken me nearly twenty minutes to appropriately cover the hickies he left all over my neck. My hips had finger prints on them.

His touch lingered everywhere, making me want to feel the real thing all over again.

"Fine?"

"He took me to that tapas place over on State."

"Oh, I've heard the food is good there," Chrissy chimes in.

"Delicious," I say without thinking.

"Fine, my ass! You're blushing," Jamie taunts.

"Jamie. Let her be. She'll give us the details if she wants to. But she definitely wants to," my sanest, although that wasn't saying much, friend winks.

They want details? They'll get them.

"He picked me up on a Harley," I told them. Their collective gasps had me smirking. Before I could continue our waiter popped up.

Jamie never took her eyes off me as she spouted our order, "four botomless mimosas, one black coffee, three cappuccinos, four waters with lemon, one French toast platter with scrambled eggs, one eggs benedict, one chocolate chip pancakes with a side of sausage, and for the boring one," she shoots a look at Chrissy. "A veggie egg white omelet with a side of fruit." I swear she hadn't even taken a breath. "If you bring everything wordlessly and don't come to unnecessarily ask questions there's a forty percent tip in it for you."

Waiter boy nods once before turning and fleeing. I'm not sure if he's fleeing in fear from Jamie or desire for his tip.

"I'm not boring! Come back to me when you're over thirty!" I laugh softly. Chrissy is constantly telling us about how things go to shit once you hit thirty. We never believe her.

Jamie rolls her eyes dramatically before turning back to me. "Details!"

"Did you get on the bike?" Annie asks.

I proceed to tell them every detail from the time he picked up, how sweet and caring he was, the sensual way he fed me.

Chrissy was practically drooling asking if he had any friends while both Jamie and Annie were thoroughly impressed.

"And the sex?"

"Who says we had sex?"

They all laughed loudly, drawing attention to us.

"Even better than in the club," I admit, giving them what they want.

"By the look in your eyes I'd say you're holding back." Chrissy and her damn lawyer brain could always spot a lie or half truth.

"I am," I quip back at her without divulging any more details.

There's  something else, something that's been bothering me. I don't want to tell them because I don't want them to jump to conclusions and I really want to see Nathan again. If they knew they'd want me to cut it off before it could even start. I know he has an iPhone because our message thread is blue, but this morning the phone he pulled out of his pants was an old school flip phone. I'd worked enough cases with Chrissy to recognize it as a burner. I was going to have to ask him about it first.

There isn't a legitimate reason to have a burner phone.

Is there?

"Are you seeing him again?" Annie asks.