Epilogue

Darkness. There was only darkness. A void that took out all the light, leaving only the color black. Vader couldn't see anything. He was all alone, in an empty void. It was cold, icy cold. He felt like his fingertips are starting to freeze. He clenched to a fist to keep a bit of warmth.

Just then, a light came from behind him. Vader narrowed his eyes, feeling blinded by it before slowly adjusts to it. He could now see, he is not in his suit anymore. His appearance had turned into Anakin Skywalker's. Vader saw his old body in shock. He observed carefully as he moved his flesh fingers delicately.

The light in front of him started to form a shape of a woman. It wasn't long until the light became the woman he loved so very much, Padmé Amidala.

"P- Padmé?" His eyes started to swell as he watched her with teary eyes. He couldn't believe it. Padmé... Vader tried to touch her but Padmé stepped backwards. He stared at her, confused, but she only gave a sad look.

"I don't know you," she let out. "You're not Anakin, not the man I love!"

Vader looked at himself again and he saw himself back in his suit. He was surprised and quickly looked up to see her again but she's already further away from him. The lighting was also dimmer now. "Padmé!"

Padmé didn't reply. Instead, she swallowed down her tears and turned away, running from him. Vader wanted to run after her but his feet wouldn't move. "Padmé!"

He reached out his hand, as if he could grab her that way and bring her back to him. It didn't happen, of course, as Padmé ran away and away from him, making the place dark again, with no light to shine him.

"Padmé!"

Vader shot his eyes open. He's still in his new bacta tank. He looked around the room to see droids working on him. He knew it was only a dream, only a vision, but the thought of Padmé was the only thing that filled his mind. Padmé...

-------------------------------------------------

Korkie lay down in the ground, staring at the sky of Kalevala with Lagos beside him. Ever since their friends have passed away, the two only had each other other than family, and it made them close, closer than friends.

However, after helping Obi-Wan Kenobi in his rescue mission, the only thing he can think about is his aunt Satine. He can't believe they only had a goodbye through a call. He wants more, he wants them to be a happy family again.

Lagos knew this, and she knew how hard he takes it with now the person who takes care of him for most of his life needs to stay away from him. She took his hand and tangled theirs together. Korkie noticed, giving her a quick glance and smile before looking back at the sky.

"She's alright," she said. "I'm sure she's at peace now, hiding where the Empire can't find her."

Korkie blinked and smiled again. "Yeah," he agreed, though a part of him couldn't let go. He gave her a quick peck in the cheek before they settled again in silence.

Bo-Katan watched from inside the house, smiling a bit, seeing her nephew happy. She was interrupted soon enough with a noise from her comm. Without a second thought, she moved from the window to the table where she puts it.

Bo pressed a button to receive the call. "Kryze here," she said while still looking through the window. "Intel says that an Imperial ship full of Imperial data and secrets are going to arrive in Mandalore at 19:00, I trust you and your nephew can steal some of those info."

Bo looked down before looking at Korkie through the glass again. "Of course Senator Organa."

-------------------------------------------------

Stormtroopers guard over a ship, taking shifts every few hours. Their ship is carrying valuable information of the Empire, and it's heading towards Mandalore.

It was around 18:24 and two stormtroopers stood guard of the drive room. "How long until we arrive?" one of the two asked. The other only raised his shoulders, indicating he doesn't know and the other groaned in response. "I hate these kinds of jobs where you just stand around and do nothing."

He let down his weapon and stretched around and his friend followed suit. "Why do we need to guard this room here anyways with all the security measures that we put in this ship?"

Just then, their leader came into view. The two realized what kind of trouble they're in and quickly straighten and perfected their postures. The Commander walked up towards them and stared the two in the eyes.

"If I have my friend CC-2224 here, you both would be punished severely right now," he reminded them. "Get your acts quickly or you'll see me acting the same."

"Yes sir," they quickly said at the same time. Their Commander is a bit more flexible in comparison to other Commanders but when he threatens, he means it. They really don't want to mess with the Clone Wars veteran.

Suddenly the ship's sirens went on. The Commander looked around before realizing what it is. "Rebel scums."

-------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan went out of his humble home. It was sunset already. His day was long with the work he had with the Jawas but the doesn't stop him from doing what he does every once in a while.

The sun shine brightly at the grave of Satine Kryze who was nearby his hut. Obi-Wan sat down next to it. He stared at it and let himself touch the ground. He just closed his eyes breathe in and out.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save you my dear," he lets out. He opened his eyes again. "But I assure you, someone will stand up, one that will struck down the Empire for good."

He looked at the twin sunset with hope in his eyes. His hands remained at the grave, as if he could touch her once again.

"One day, a new hope will arise."

The End.