Mercury

𝔐𝔢𝔯𝔠𝔲𝔯𝔶 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔞𝔰 𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔠𝔨𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔳𝔢𝔯, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔱 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱 𝔟𝔢𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔩𝔦𝔮𝔲𝔦𝔡 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔬𝔩𝔦𝔡 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔰. 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢, 𝔦𝔫 𝔞𝔩𝔠𝔥𝔢𝔪𝔶, 𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔠𝔲𝔯𝔶 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔣𝔱 𝔟𝔢𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔡𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥.

☿ 

ALBUS SEVERUS POTTER REALLY HATED being home for break. In fact, avoiding his Dad like the plague by spending breaks with Scorpius was his best chance of skipping out. But with this bloody extended break to fortify the Hogwarts school grounds after the Pureblood Killer was caught luring dementors on campus, he wasn't able to wiggle between the two detectives who'd figured it out: Rose and Scorpius were conjoined at the hip. 

While everyone got to go home for the extended break, he was here watching his cousin and his best mate cuddle at every opportunity available. He almost wished he was home for break.

"Albus, are you alright? That crinkle between your brows doesn't really suit you." 

The cold-blooded Slytherin captain plopped onto the seat next to him. 

"Thea, I don't think I can do this." he clenched his hand tight around the arm of the chair as Rose giggled.

"What's wrong?" Althea's gaze followed to the new couple across the Slytherin common room.

"I want to vomit every time I see them." Albus confessed. "I'm still royally pissed at Scorpius for obliviating Ronnie."

Althea sighed and looped her arm through his. "I think you're just jealous of their romance."

He laughed short, knee jerking impatiently. "No. Not jealous. Very much pissed. I can't believe she'd just forgive him like that."

Althea leaned over to whisper something in his ear. "Turns out her patronus wasn't working before, but when she watched Scorpius' memories of them together in the summer, she could make one again."

His tense shoulders dropped at that. How could he be mad after finding that out?

"So you're telling me that Rose's happiest memories...were with Scorp?"

She grinned. "Oh yeah. Roxy even told me that when they played Spin the Firewhisky, Rose said she loved Scorpius- and she was on veritas serum."

He slouched in his chair. "Well, I certainly can't be upset now."

Thea stood up and ruffled his head. "You certainly can. I am."

Albus raised his brows at that. "Why are you upset?"

She huffed. "Scorpius kept this a secret from us since the start of sixth year. I don't like secrets."

"That's funny, since Slytherins are good at keeping them." he noted, finally peeling his eyes away from the couple to look at Althea. "Salazar, Althea Morena Nott, what did you do to your hair?"

Althea smirked, running a hand through her raven locks. "You like?"

"I do." he tilted his head as she shook her head side to side. "How did you grow it so quickly?"

"Roxy made a Manegro potion. It actually grew down to my waist but I cut it chin length."

"It suits you." Albus admitted. "It's just...different. You've had short hair since I've known you."