Fixation

𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔟𝔶 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔞 𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔦𝔬𝔲𝔰𝔩𝔶 𝔳𝔬𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔩𝔢 𝔰𝔲𝔟𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔦𝔰 "𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔰𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔪𝔢𝔡" 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔞 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔪 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔞𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔟𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢

ALBUS STARED DOWN AT HIS first test of the semester. It had been two and a half weeks since the semester started and he was thrilled that this day had finally arrived. Other than Quidditch practices, he rarely got to see Diana among the halls of Hogwarts.

This was...thrilling! His fingers twitched in anticipation and he had to force his mouth to stop from mimicking. He could turn this in now, or he could go about his day. But this choice today would make the difference between being with Diana or not. The anti-cheating quill in his hand finally scribbled his name and he flipped the paper over, taking a deep breath before he walked up to set it down on the professor's desk.

Althea was waiting for him outside, already dressed for mid-day quidditch practice. As a new quidditch player, Althea had wanted to make sure he nailed the basics before their game against Ravenclaw in three weeks. Thankfully today was theory for a new technique, so he didn't have to actually practice- just watch her do the movements.

"How do you think you did? I'm so glad that I took Advanced Potions with Scorpius over Alchemy. The know-it-all in you really enjoys science and math."

"I don't really count Advanced Potions as science. Feels more like cooking." he rolled his eyes.

"Some would argue that cooking is a science." she raised her brows, looking at me pointedly.

"By some, I'm assuming you mean Roxy?" he immediately regretting bringing up his little cousin. "Actually- forget I said anything. I don't need to know anything about you and Roxanne."

"Relax I'm not going to say anything." she caught his arm as the reached the long bridge over the lake. "I don't have any cruel intentions towards Roxanne. You know that, right?"

He didn't hesitate to reply. "I know. I'm just still not used to it. My overprotectiveness extends to all girls in my family. Not just Lily."

"I still don't understand you two." she shook her head as she mounted her broom, encouraging him to ride behind her.

"Two?"

"You and James! I remember how horrified you two were when I first starting hanging out with James. You especially thought I had a crush on James."

"You did." he huffed out. "You literally told him that he wasn't a snack but a whole buffet. If that isn't flirting I don't know what is."

"I was teasing! James is a fine specimen, but not my preference. You both looked so tense."