It's started!

Miette and Serena are in the lounge, waiting for the start of the tournament.

Drew, May, Cilan and Dawn are in the stands.

Monsieur Pierre is seen coming on stage with Klefki.

"Here we are... The first Showcase Tournament of the Johto Region!" shouted Monsieur Pierre.

The crowd started applauding.

"Since this is the first one... of course it's going to be a Rookie Class! That means anyone could enter! We're going to have two stages... The first one being the Theme Performance and the second one being the Freestyle Performance!" said Monsieur Pierre.

Everyone keeps applauding.

"So, let's see our Theme Performance of today's competition?" asked Monsieur Pierre.

The crowd is clearly excited.

"Here it is!" said Monsieur Pierre while pointing to the screen.

Miette and Serena are paying close attention.

"Our Theme Performance will be based on Contest Battles, since they're so popular here in the Johto Region!" said Monsieur Pierre.

"The competitors will be split in two groups, with one of each group facing each other... They will have a short pokémon battle of 5 minutes with a necklace on them, if a pokémon gets knocked out it is disqualified... If the pokémon drop its necklace it will also get disqualified... The audience will choose who was the better Performer if no pokémon is knocked out or there is a draw..." said Monsieur Pierre.

The crowd starts applauding again.

"Serena is going to win easily!" said Dawn in the stands.

"Why are you so confident in saying that?" asked May.

"She took part at a Contest just before coming to this city... She got to the final and only lost because she was up against me... For her first Contest that was quite an acomplishment..." said Dawn.

"It sure is..." said May.

"I hope she learned a bit with you..." said May.

"So let's take a look at the groups, s'il vous plaît!" said Monsieur Pierre, pointing to the Screen, once again.

Dawn and May turn see the groups.

The groups are shown on screen.

Miette and Serena are looking for themselves.

"There I am!" said Miette.

Serena is still looking for herself.

"Looks like we're both on the same group!" said Miette, smiling.

Serena finds herself.

Serena smiles.

"Just make sure you don't lose on the first performance..." said Serena.

"The same goes to you!" said Miette, smiling.

"Let's draw our first match!" said Monsieur Pierre.

Miette and Serena look to the screen.

"Here it is!" said Monsieur Pierre.

Serena is in shock.

"It is... Serena! Versus... Amelia!" said Monsieur Pierre.

The crowd starts applauding once again.

"Give it your all!" said Miette.

"Thanks Miette..." said Serena.